22.

"Wait, Kasper!" I hear her calling my name but I couldn't even bother to stop walking, as I wanted to get out of this place as soon as possible. I storm towards the exist and even though I heard her steps behind me, I didn't want to see her face. 

I storm out the door, not knowing where to go and as I was about to make one more step I feel a hand pull me back, right before the ambulance rushes in front of me, almost hitting me.

I stumble back, but I don't fall as the same hand holds me up, so at this moment I knew it wasn't her.

"Tell your boyfriend to let go of me." I stare at the doctor while talking to Mackenna, noticing her in the corner of my eye.

"Ben, please.." She whispers to him and I feel his grip tighten before letting go of me.

"Instead of being an asshole, you can say 'thank you' to me" This Ben dude corrects my behavior and it was a match that lighted up a fire inside of me.

I take a step closer as my eyes go dark and I clench my fists "Instead of being-"

But I feel her tiny hands on my chest so I snap out of it as I was taken by surprise and I look down at her. As much as I wanted to tell her to go away, all I really wanted was to hug her knowing it will calm me down. Somehow she read my mind so after a minute of being quiet, her hands slide up my chest and over my shoulder, locking at the back of my neck as she steps closer. 

I don't even hesitate to hug her back, so I wrap my arms around her waist, pulling her closer, inhaling her scent as she smelled like coconut summer, closing my eyes as I feel my whole body finally relax and all the tense leaves my muscles. Her hands slide into my hair and I lean my head into her neck, fighting the urge to kiss her skin. 

"What are you doing here? What happened?" She quietly breaks the silence, at the same time trying to break from the hug, but before I let go of her, I give her one more squeeze, that wasn't even that tight since I had zero power in my muscles right now.

"My brother.. Emilio.. he.. he is in the emergency room.. He collapsed right in front of my eyes this morning.. He stopped breathing for 2 minutes.. I had to.. I had to do the CPR until the ambulance came and now - they won't even talk to me and tell me what's going on..." I mumble, trying to sound as normal as possible but every other word comes out as a weak whisper. 

I was a weak man at this point and I can only imagine how I looked through her eyes, but at the same time I didn't have energy to put on a fakeshow. I just wanted my brother to be okay.

"Oh my... I'm so sorry that it has happened, I'm sure he will be alright" She rubs my arm to comfort me while her eyes send me the warmest look full of.. love? The emotions are way too strong and mixed up right now since I am a mess, so I'm probably reading it all wrong. But it felt good.

"I don't know what to do.. I tried talking to them.. I told them I will pay for everything.." I helplessly rant on about my current state of mind as if she was some kind of therapist. 

"Wait! My mother.. she stayed longer today at work.. this must be it!" She exclaims happily as she pulls me by my hand, walking back inside with me. I follow her lead, noticing that fresh air and her hug was all I needed to calm down. At least a bit, for starters. 

"Your mother is a nurse?" I ask confused, as I didn't know anything about her family which I realized then and there.

"No, she is the doctor who is saving your brother's life." She looks at me over her shoulder as she was walking in front of me. This is when I noticed her cute, little dress which made me smile as she looked like some kind of fairy from kid's movies. It must be also the one she made herself. She was really good at it, I must admit. 

"If we were back home, I'd take him to a private hospital where I could see him.." I mumble to myself and I hear a groan from her "Maybe it's meant to be this way."

As she finishes her sentence, she lets go of my hand and rushes to a room around the corner that said "BREAK ROOM, EMPLOYEES ONLY" so I guess it's employees and Mackenna only as I wait outside. 

After a second she walks out, holding two pizza rolls in her hands on a napkin, handing them to me "Here, eat something at least, I know you are hungry" She looks up at me with a pleading look, for me to eat the food, that she is offering. I didn't feel hunger until now but after smelling those amazing rolls, I could hear my stomach growl. I take it in my hands and look at her "Only after I found out is my brother okay" I offer a deal and see her smile then point behind me "Won't take us long to find that out." 

I turn around and notice a woman in her 40s, fully dressed in medical scrubs walking towards us while taking off her mask and throwing it in the trash. She wraps arms around Mackenna, her daughter, before looking at me over  Mack's shoulder, giving me a warm smile.

That's when I knew everything will be fine.