𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟔

Me and Amelia are making cookies for the others, it has snowmen, snowflakes, and penguin designs.

Amelia loves Christmas but so do I, so it's okay. "Is this good?" She showed me a perfect sized ball.

"Yes! Put it on the pan." I give her a smile. "What are you guys making." Chase comes into the kitchen.

"Cookies!" Amelia said happily. "Oo sounds good." He tried to take a spoonful of cookie dough. "No." I swat his hand away. "Whyy." He pouts.

"Cookie dough is bad for you." Amelia scolds him. "But I wanted some." He pouted. "Too bad." I grin at him.

"Ughhh." He groans while leaving the kitchen. Amelia giggles before placing another one on the pan.

After we finished rolling all the cookie dough up, I put the pan in the oven, which Amelia asked to do but it was to dangerous.

Now we just need 15-20 minutes.

"Ew!" Amelia puts her small hand over her eyes when she saw that Taylor and Levi were all over each other.

"Get a room!" Amelia squealed. "Seriously!"

Levi chuckles while picking Taylor up, and bringing her to her room. I'm so not used to Levi not acting like a little child.

"Yikes let's not go by Taylor's room." I tell Amelia with a smile on my face. "Why not?" She asked curiously while taking a seat on the couch.

"Because they are going to have fun fun time." Jayden said after realizing my lost face. I didn't know how to answer that question.

"I want to have fun fun time!" She said happily which made Chase and Connor laugh a little bit. "Let's go have fun fun time then! We could draw? What about playing with your stuff animals?" Jayden's voice fades off as he brings Amelia to her room.

"Movie night?" Alex grinned while grabbing the remote.

My phone beeps in my pocket, right as I sat down.

Mom, tell dyl, you and him (ONLY) need to come home at 9:00 please. Thank you, I love you.

Me, sure, why though?

Mom, you'll see.

"Dyl mom said we needed to head back over home at 9:00. Us only apparently?" I shrugged my shoulders.

"Oh okay."

Chase grabs my waist pulling me closer to him. "Do you really have to go alone." He whined. "Yes." I chuckled.

"I don't want you to go. I'll be stuck with these idiots." He pouted. "You'll live." I kiss the tip of his nose.

It was 8:30, so we would have to leave soon, as it takes 7-10 minutes to get home. We put on Gilmore girls.

No the boys didn't choose this, I begged them for 5 minutes to put it on.

"We should leave now." Dylan said standing up.

I stand up as well, making chase stand up to. He wraps his arms around my neck hugging me tightly, as I wrapped mine around his waist.

"I'll be back, it's not like I'm leaving." I laugh at him being clingy. "Don't take long, Bye sunshine." He pecked my lips.

Me and Dylan get into the car and make out way home.

***

We both enter the front door. "Mom?" Dylan called out. "Kitchen!" She yelled back.

"What did you need us for?" I asked, taking a seat at the table. "So.. I wasn't ready to tell the others, I felt as it was more important to tell you Dani, and you Dylan. As you both are very mature." She started.

I nod my head slowly.

"Me and dad, we are going to start things over. He's coming back here. He's trying to be a better father, and we could all be a family again." The smile on my face dropped.

"You can't do that mom. I'm fine with the family I have right now. You can't." I told her. "I know what you are going to say. What he did that other day was very unacceptable. But he was drunk out of his mind. He didn't mean any of it, you must forgive him, Dani." She explained.

"Whatever mom. Have fucking fun." I walk out of the house, making sure to slam the door on the way out.

Of course she's defending him. Of course she is. That's mom.

Not even a minute later Dylan comes out. "You alright?" He asked getting in the car. "I'm fine." Tears start forming, but I hold them back.

Once we make it back to Taylor's house I make my way to Chase. Before we left I told them to take the cookies out of the oven.

He's standing right at the island talking to Levi. I run right into his arms, "Dani what's wrong?" I shook my head and that's when I start to break down.

Why am I so upset? Oh maybe because my mom is defending my dad for almost sexually assaulting me.

He hugs me tightly, giving me comfort.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked softly. "Mom is bringing back dad." I said shakily. "Shes doing what?" Levi said, making me forget that he was standing there.

"There's no fucking way she would do that" Chase said, getting angry. "She is." Dylan walks into the kitchen, with a big sigh.

"He touched Dani, What the fuck!." Alex said madly. Taylor comes into the room, confused on what's happening.

"What did I miss?" She said surprised. "Mom is bringing back dad." Luke said before I could. "What? What do you mean?"

"He's back, like he's going to be living there, fuck knows what he's going to do to Dani." Dylan said. "Well, we could just protect her? That's really all we could do. Knowing your dad he would try and do something to her. When he wants something he never gives up until he gets it. We can't stop or control your mom." Connor says

I rested my head on Chases chest, as he slowly rocks us. "I'm so sorry Dani. I wish there was more we could do." Alex signs.

"It's fine. I don't even care." I mumble. "You obviously do. If I was you I would to. Whenever I'm around I promise you, nobody is going to touch you." Chase tells me.

"I know."

"Cookies anyone?" Luke grabs the plate full of cookies. "Not the time, you ass." Connor punches his rib, making him groan in result.

"Ouchie" He whined.

"You can stay here tonight if you guys want, we can watch movies in the living room, and have a slumber party!" Taylor says with a happy squeak at the end.

"Does that sound good?" Chase asked me. I nod my head. As long as I was away from my mom, everything was going to be fine.

____________

25 more chapters till this story comes to an end 💔💔

Thanks for reading!

Thoughts?

Word count - 1142

- B.