𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟕

*** Levi's pov ***

Ever since I met Taylor, that day, I knew I was in love with her. Isn't that crazy? Just after the first day.. I fell in love with her.

I know it sounds weird, 'you can't fall in love without knowing them.' But I did.. and finally since 2 weeks ago, we are dating.

And she's all I could ever ask for, and more.

"Lev lev!!" Amelia comes running up to me as soon as I enter Taylor's house. Dani was with Chase, and it seems they have been hanging out a little more..

For people who 'hate' each other, they seem to hang out with each other, a lot.

"Hi!!" I pick her up gently, resting her on my hip. "I have a new unicorn stuffy, wanna see!" She squeals excitedly.

"Oh my god, of course!!" I squeal back. She gets a new unicorn every other week. We go up to her room, which is all unicorn designed.

Unicorn stickers on the wall, unicorn bed sheets, pillow cases, one of her small circle rugs by her little table is a unicorn, and a whole corner of just unicorns.

She shows me a new unicorn stuff animal, but it's almost identical to the one she had last week, "It's so cute!!"

"Amelia stop hogging my boyfriend" Taylor comes into the room, hugging me from behind. I chuckle as they start to bicker.

The doorbell rings from downstairs. "Oh that's my friend, I have to go guys!!" Amelia speeds out of the room.

"Where is she off to.." I said confused as she's only 5... "Oh her friend is coming to pick her up, her mom is like right in the car watching." Taylor explained as she pulled us to her room.

She laid down on her bed as I immediately laid on her chest. Her hands get tangled in my hair as she runs them through my hair, making me feel a bit tired.

"Want to take a nap, love?" Taylor asked me. "Mhmm." I mumbled, digging my head deeper into the crook of her neck.

*** Chase's pov ***

I bolt awake, covered in sweat. Checking my clock on my side table, it's only 4:30am. I only got 30 minutes of sleep before having a nightmare.

Nobody knows what causes this, but I do. I haven't told anyone about them.

It all started when I was 5, my mom was my best friend. We did everything together, bake cookies, watch tv, she would even get me a new action figure every month.

It was something I always look forward to. Even on my birthday I got 5 action figures. My family wasn't at all the richest, so I was grateful for that.

But it all went wrong when my dad, killed my mom right in front of me, they were arguing over who gets custody when they divorced. They have been arguing back and fourth over the smallest things.

But I guess finally my dad had enough and killed her, first he sliced her around her throat, then down her body, and over her forehead.

She screamed bloody murder, she died 30 minutes after everything my dad had done. I should have saved her, but all I did was sit down in the couch.. and watch.

Then he told me 'tell anyone about it, you're next.' I felt it as a threat, something I had to hold in forever.

It was the worst feeling ever.

Now, I have step parents, who everyone thinks is my real parents. But no one could ever replace my mom.

My step mom tried so hard when I was 6-7 to try and make me forget about everything that happened, but it never worked.

Every night I had flashbacks, or sometimes I had nightmares it would be me he did it to. Because originally they were arguing over me.

It was the most guilt I felt in a long time. I had gotten my mom killed.. and there was nothing I could do about it.

*** three weeks time ***

Right now I'm hanging with the same people i do every day.

I'm purposely annoying dani, she gets mad so easily.

"Chase stop!" She said trying to keep her cool. "I'm not doing anything!" I defended myself. "Yes you are, you keep touching my phone." She said.

"No I'm not, you're hallucinating." I say. "No I'm not, now stop!"

"I'm not doing anything!" I said with a smirk.

"Whatever, just stop." She slumps down in her seat. The others left awhile ago, they just went down to the basement.

Dani has a fear of basements and I just wanted to stay to annoy her.

This time I took her phone from her hands, and hung it above me. "Chase stop" she goes to grab it but I pull it back.

She settles on my lap trying to get it, making it so she's a bit taller. "Can I have my phone back." She said, keeping her cool.

"Hmm." I say, stalling.

"Please." She begged. "If you can get it." I teased her. So she reached up higher to get it, her boobs going right in my face.

"I'm so sorry but I need my phone back.." She apologized. "It's all good." I said enjoying this a little to much.

She finally gets her phone back but she doesn't move, instead she stays there. "Chase empty your pockets, please. Something is poking my thigh." She said to innocently.

"My pockets are empty, love." I said with a smirk. My hands rest on her waist/hips.

Her face instantly turns red. "Oh."

The next few minutes are filled with silence, and us inching closer.

I shouldn't be doing this. Her brothers will kill me, not to mention we hate each other..

Our lips are so close to touching, I'm craving her so fucking bad. But it's not right.

Loud voices are heard from the hallway downstairs meaning they are coming upstairs, Dani quickly gets off me, going back to the spot she was originally at.

Her face still beat red.

__________

Guys I felt like I was third wheeling while writing this 😕😕

Thanks for reading!

Thoughts?

Word count - 1033

- B.