•T H I R T Y•

QUINN's POV
I followed Nolee into a good sized brownstone. The inside was completely renovated, matching the girls styles, clean and modern. Nolee threw her keys in the bowl next to the door as I locked the front door behind me.

"This is really nice." I complemented, admiring the space.

"Thanks!" She smiled. "I bought it a year ago, Brooklyn is expensive."

"You own this?" I asked her.

"Yeah the girls pay rent and utilities, but the place is mine." She smiled hopping up a few stairs. "Come on."

I smiled and followed her up the flight of stairs. She turned left then right into a bedroom.

"Make your self comfortable, I'm going to change into pajamas, I was thinking we could have a movie night? I know you're tired." She smiled, approaching me as I sat on the bed.

I grabbed her by the backs of her thighs, pulling her closer to me. "I would love that."

"Perfect." She smiled, leaning down to place a kiss on my lips. I kissed her back before she smirked and pulled away. She turned to walk off and I playfully slapped her ass, sending her giggling into her closet.

I set down my duffel on her chair and opened it, pulling out sweatpants and a hoodie. I quickly changed and brought my suit over to her closet. I sent a knock before walking in, just to be safe. Nolee looked up to me from where she was standing, putting her jewelry away.

"Do you have any hangers I could put my suit on?" I asked, approaching her.

"Yeah." She smiled, sliding past me and grabbing three hangers before handing them to me.

"Thanks." I smiled, taking the hangers from her. My hand brushed hers and a familiar shock sent through my body. The sense had never gone away and had never gotten old.

Some people don't believe in love at first sight, but I do. I experienced it when I first saw Nolee across the lawn at my lake house.

"What are you thinking about?" Nolee asked, holding my head in her hands.

"Do you believe in love at first sight?" I blurted without thinking. Nolee was silent, looking at me. "Sorry. I'm just. That's what."

"Yes." She answered looking into my eyes. "I didn't, but now I do."

"What changed?" I asked, placing my hands on her waist.

"I saw you." She smiled up at me. "I have told myself for years I didn't have time for a relationship, but I knew as soon as I saw you."

"I made you believe in love at first sight?" I asked, pulling her closer to me.

"Well I think you have to experience it to believe in it." She smiled, running her hands through my hair.

"That makes sense." I smiled, peppering kisses across her head. She smiled up at me, completely at ease in my grasp.

"I missed you." She sighed, resting her forehead against my chest.

"I missed you too." I smiled, burying my face into her hair.

She remained silent, not moving or pulling away from my grasp. I held her tight, never wanting her to leave my arms again. She sighed then pulled away, walking into her bedroom without saying a word.

I stood still, confused on why she was just leaving me standing here. I quickly hung my suit up and followed her into her bedroom. She was sitting on the edge of her bed, staring off into space.

"Nolee?" I asked approaching her. "You ok?"

She remained still, flinching slightly when I touched her shoulder. She relaxed again then looked at me. "Sorry just thinking."

"What's wrong?" I asked, squatting in front of her, placing my hands on her knees.

"It's nothing really." She spoke, picking at her finger nails.

"Nol if it's important to you it's important to me." I told her, rubbing her thighs lovingly.

"It's just. Do you really love me?" She asked me, her voice quiet.

"Yes. One hundred percent yes. You have become so important to me, and the center of my life. I really love you Nolee." I spoke, looking into her eyes. "Why do you ask."

"Well because, I don't really fit into the typical 'hockey wife' look." She sighed.

"What do you mean?" I asked her, flabbergasted by her thoughts.

"They're all blonde and pretty. I don't know. I know this is kinda weird but I'm not white like them." She spoke softly.

"Nolee. Listen to me please." I begged, a sad feeling washing over my thoughts. "I think you are the most beautiful woman I have ever laid eyes on. Within minutes of talking to you your gorgeous personality took over my senses. Nolee I have never been happier with not only a partner, but a friend. Ever since I saw you I've never looked back or looked at anyone else. You have become my rock."

"You really mean that?" She asked me, her eyes hopeful.

"With every bone in my body." I answered. "I love you Nolee."

She smiled and leaned in to kiss me, pressing her lips to mine. Passion lit through my body as I pushed her back onto the bed, then hovered over her, never once leaving her lips.

I moved my hands over her body, making sure to hold every dip and rise of her body. I smiled into the kiss, enjoying every small aspect of her body.

I slid my tongue over her lips, asking for entrance to her mouth. She opened her lips, meeting my tongue with hers. I held her waist tight, pulling her hips towards me.

In the heat of the moment I wished she could live with me. Only with me. All the time. My thoughts raced, knowing one day we would be able to be together forever and live together.

I pulled away, smiling. Thinking about her and wanting her to live with me.

"What?" She asked, pressing her forehead against mine.

"Move in with me?" I asked, not thinking just talking.

"I'd- I mean." She started.

But I cut her off. "It's ok it's ok."

"No let me talk to the girls. If they can find a new roommate to pay me rent then yes. I will so move in with you in a heart beat." She smiled, wrapping her arms around my neck.