Epilog

Caleb nervously awaited backstage at the auditorium. Today was a special day, and he knew just how special it was going to be.

He had recently been hired by Hope’s Peak Academy to be their engineering teacher alongside Dell, and now was the first day of school, and all of the teachers were being introduced or reintroduced to all of the students.

“And now, we didn't just hire one engineering teacher, no no no! We hired two! Everyone, meet CALEB QUINN, THE ULTIMATE BOUNTY HUNTER!” He heard Holly yell.

The crowd cheered as Caleb walked up to the podium, before the cheers died down when he actually reached the podium.

“Hey everyone. I'm Caleb.” He introduced himself. “Now, I know what you're all thinking. ‘Is he really the Deathslinger?’ Well, does this prove anything?” He got the Redeemer out from its holster, causing the crowd to gasp, some to scream.

“Hey hey, relax. Holly said I could have it.” He said. “And besides, this does serve as a testament to my engineering knowledge. Sure, I may not be as good as Dell is, the man can build feckin’ teleporters like it's nothin’, but damn it if I'm not good at it, I don't know what I am.”

He saw a girl from the Reserve course raise her hand.

“Yes?” He said, pointing to her

“Um…this may sound morbid, but are we gonna be seeing you shoot anyone with it?”

Caleb chuckled. “Well, maybe, if someone enters this school and tries to attack someone with intent to end their lives, well, let's just say I'm shutting that down really quickly.”

He saw another boy raise his hand, but lower it when he noticed Caleb looking at him.

“Um…it's a personal type question.” He explained when Caleb gave him a confused look.

Giving a satisfied nod, Caleb then went back to answering questions, making note of the fact he was gonna have to talk to the boy after.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The orientation was now done, and Caleb got off stage with some help from Dell. Remembering what the boy said, he smiled when he saw the boy rush up to him with what looked like a picture frame in his hands.

“Um…this may sound weird, Caleb but uh…”

He held up a movie poster, and Caleb read it. It was titled ‘The Deathslinger’ and was clearly about Caleb himself.

“They made a movie about your tale, a while back and um…I was wondering if you could sign the frame somewhere.” He explained what he wanted of Caleb.

Caleb smiled. “On one condition. Where can I see that movie?”

“Um…on Netflix, and I think in theaters….”

Caleb chuckled. “I'm definitely watching it, then. Got a sharpie?” He took the sharpie the kid handed him, before signing the back of the frame of the poster. “There you go.”

“Thank you, Caleb!” He said, clearly excited and giddy. “Thank you thank you thank you!”

“No problem, kid.” He chuckled.

Life was finally looking up for Caleb, and he was glad for it.

He had overcome all odds and won. He did it. He finally did it.

‘And to think this was all because of Kazan’s Blades and my Blueprints.’ He thought to himself, leaving the auditorium and getting onto the elevator they had at Hope’s Peak. He sent it to the second floor, where they had his class at.

Caleb had truly brought death to despair.

THE END.