2.1: Off the Record

When Caleb awoke the next morning, he was met with an odd sight. There, in the empty space where the Redeemer would go…was the actual Redeemer. Attached to it was a note from Monokuma.

‘When I tried to call you all into the Auditorium, you guys slept through my call like the dead. So, I decided to adapt. This is the second motive of this killing game, all of you now have your own weapons. Have fun! - Monokuma.’

Caleb snarled to himself. It was like Monokuma wanted the others to find out he was the Deathslinger. He crunched up the note and chucked it into the nearby trash can. He was not going to return to being the Deathslinger. He had promised 191 that.

He then heard a knock at his door.

“Caleb?” He heard Rosie speak. “Can I talk to you?”

“What about, kid?” He grumbled, not in the mood to talk.

“There’s something about you I noticed at the trial, when I was standing next to you.” She said, “And I need answers about it.”

“...Gimme a moment to get ready.” Hobbling over to his bed on one leg, he put his leg brace back on. He finally brushed his teeth for the first time since the beginning of the game, and brushed his graying hair, thanking the gods that he wasn't going bald yet.

When he finally got ready, he motioned Rosie to follow him, which she did. He took her to the elevator and decided to send it to the newly unlocked 4th floor.

“So, what did you want to talk about, kid?” He asked.

“...what's that scar on your neck from?”

….sh*t. The expression on his face mostly didn't help as he quickly opened his mouth to frantically explain himself, but was cut off.

“...Caleb. You don't have to hide this. I already know you're the Deathslinger.”

Caleb snarled. “Hat Kid told you, didn't she?”

“Yeah, yeah she did. She trusted me with this secret. I'm just revealing it now in private so you know I know it, and so if that information ever becomes useful, in say, a class trial, you don't get mad at me.”

Caleb found himself to be significantly calmer after Rosie explained himself. He sighed, pulling the bandana he wore around his neck up higher so it better covered the scar he earned from being almost hung to death.

“...now what?” Caleb asked.

“I suppose we will explore the 4th floor since you sent us there. Also, what's taking this dang elevator so long?” Rosie pondered.

“Sometimes it goes faster, sometimes it goes slower.” Caleb said, “I'm just glad I have it in the first place.”

“Yeah, I suppose.”

The elevator doors finally opened, and Rosie and Caleb exited the elevator.

Rosie looked around. “Wow…it's like a greenhouse up here with all these grow lights.”

“It is. Look at all those plants!” Caleb replied.
Plants of all kinds filled the fourth floor, which was mostly for the rearing of these plants. From food plants to beautiful flowers to mushrooms.

“It's beautiful here.” Rosie said.

“Yeah, it is. I think we should get going before everyone else wonders where the hell we went.” Caleb noted.

“Can we take the elevator again?” Rosie asked, earning a laugh from Caleb.

“Of course, I'm not walking down all those stairs!”

The duo entered the elevator. Caleb immediately took note of Rosie’s nervous face.

“Why the long face, lassie?” He asked.

“Well…you had a big secret of yours revealed to me. So, I figure the inverse is only fair.” She spoke.

“Wha-”

“Caleb…I’m not the Ultimate Paranormal Investigator. That’s my twin sister’s talent. My Talent…is Ultimate Keter Class SCP.”

“...The feck is a Keter Class SCP?” Caleb asked.

“Well…it's a class of anomaly made by the SCP Foundation to Classify the anomalies they contain. I was one of them.  Keter class SCP’s are exceedingly hard to contain, requiring complex containment procedures to contain.” Rosie explained.

Caleb then saw her take off her jacket and Beanie, revealing lion ears and owl wings.

“And if you're an anomaly….that means your brother is-” Caleb started.

“-also an anomaly, yes. He's one of the more…Notorious ones. But if I told you what he was, he’d gut me like a fish, so I’d rather not.” Rosie said.

“...ah, I see. I won't press the issue then. How about we both get to breakfast, then?” Rosie asked.

Caleb then felt his Monpad buzz, and when he looked to see why, he saw Rosie’s Updated Student Profile.

[Student Profile:
Name: Rosie Jean Toulon
Age: 16
Title: Ultimate Keter Class SCP
Likes: Her brother, donuts, snuggling her brother, swimming
Dislikes: Losing her brother, homework, potatoes, and wasps.
Home Universe: One Week At Rosie’s/SCP Foundation]

After a quick glance, Caleb put his Monopad away and waited for the elevator to reach the first floor again.

The Ultimate Keter Class SCP and Ultimate Engineer both awaited the elevator to reach the first floor. Caleb noticed that Rosie was typing on her Monpad, but paid no attention to it.