Chapter 16. Cults

No one POV.

It has been a three days since the Sports Festival, Izuku and his friends were finally back in the US. Currently they were sitting in their classroom as their homeroom teacher Maxson walked in.

Maxson :,,Good morning class. I hope you had a nice weekend after the sports festival. Anyways let's get to the lesson for today."

He took a chalk and turned around to the blackboard and wrote Cults on it.

Maxson :,,Can anyone tell me what Cults are?"

Nikki :,,Cult are a small group of people leaded by aself-appointed leader, who excessively controls its members, requiring unwavering devotion to a set of beliefs and practices which are considered deviant."

Maxson :,,Very good can anyone tell what type of cults exist?"

Tom :,,There are religious cults, political cults and Self-improvement cults."

Maxson :,,Good today we will go over different cults within the US and how you can determine if a cult is dangerous or not."

Henry :,,Aren't most of them assholes?"

Maxson :,,Some surely others just want to be left in peace. If we take a example the Paranormal Liberation Army in Japan founded by the villian Destro or also known as Chikara Yotsubashi. He was against the laws on quirks and many people agreed with his ideology that quirks should be used without restrictions. Those guys are a political cult one that is ready to fight for what they think is right. On the other hand the Family or the Children of God were a religious cult. Their leader promoted the idea that he was God's "endtime" messenger. They also promoted an extreme version of free Love. Their leader David Berg encouraged sex between members regardless of age or relationship to get closer to god. Which resulted into rampant child sexual abuse and incest."

Maxson looked around the class seeing Tom looking down at his table.

Maxson :,,Sadly people don't get smarter and new cults are founded. One which is quite famous within the US is the cult of the Quirk Destroyers."

At those words Tom seemed to tense.

Maxson :,,That cult hates quirks and sees them as a sign of the devil. Their leader is a guy the call the Templar, sadly we don't know anything else about him since he kept a low profile which is the complete opposite of what his followers are doing. The members of the cult are causing alot of trouble like property damage and hostage situations. Their most famous action to date was as they took a entire laboratory on I-Island hostage for two days. They wanted the scientist to create a formula that could erase quirks. Luckily no one was killed and the members were arrested."

Henry lifted his hand and Maxson looked at him.

Henry :,,That is a new cult? Shouldn't a cult like that be older since quirks are around for 200 years now."

Maxson :,,You may think that but no. Suprisingly the Quirk Destroyer Cult is only around 50 years old. One founding member that died in a shootout with the police recently wrote in a novel that ever since quirks appeared humans are not humans anymore and that only the Templar could save the world of becoming Satans playground."

Henry :,,And people believed that?"

Maxson :,,Sadly."

This time Kurt lifted his hand.

Maxson :,,Yes Kurt?"

Kurt :,,What ahm do they do to mutant quirked people?"

Maxson :,,We don't know. But we never saw a mutant person around them so we guess they.... don't like them."

Tom muttered under his breath.

Tom :,,That is one way to put it."

Izuku lifted his hand.

Maxson :,,Yes Izuku?"

Izuku :,,Why are we learning about thos cults?"

Maxson :,,Because in two months you will go on your first mission. All I can say now is that it will be a raid on a cult. The rest is at the moment restricted even to me, we will get more informations once the last preparations have been made. That is why we go over cults right now, we will go over the most famous once now and later on over some smallers. That should take us atleast 3 weeks. Does anyone have anything against that?"

Class :,,No Sir!"

Maxson :,,Good now let's continue."

Later in the hallway.....

Akira :,,Tom wait! Slow down!"

Tom :,,Leave me alone Akira!"

Akira finally catches up to Tom and grabs his shoulder.

Akira :,,Look I know this is a hard subject for you. But you have to tell them what you know."

Tom :,,They figure it out on their own."

Akira :,,Maybe but you can make it easier."

Tom :,,I-I just don't want to remember it. I don't want to hear his screams again or see his face."

Akira :,,You don't have to you just have to tell us about the location and what you know about the Templar. Can you do that?"

Tom shaking his head :,,I can't I really can't."