Chapter 39

Y/n's pov

My heart was racing with hope, we stood outside in the manor gardens, my father and theirs a few meters away from us while they prepared for the spell. Mattheo clung onto me tightly, the rest of the group behind us as they watched anxiously.

Mattheo's father began the spell to bring tom back, my father by his side. Leaves began flying everywhere as a cloud of dark smoke emitted in front of them, the spell was working.

"Oh my god" i gasped covering my mouth, the black smoke had now formed a figure, the smoke quickly fading and their he stood.

Tom stood their, looking at us all, his eyes slightly wide and his mouth gaped apart a little, he looked to our fathers, then to me and mattheo, i let go from mattheo and ran into his arms holding him tightly.

"Ive missed you so much tom" i cried into his chest, his face snuggled into the crook of my neck as he held me tightly.

"I'm here my love, and i will never leave you again" he whispered before placing a soft kiss on my lips, I melted into the kiss, those soft lips i had longed for so long. Tom let me go slightly looking to everyone behind us, mattheo walked towards him, engulfing him in a hug.

"Brother" he laughed happily as did they both.

Tom reunited with the rest of the group including our fathers and my mother, all of us extremely happy to see him again.

Our head's turned to the sounds of children's giggles, the elves had brought out Benjamin, Christian and layla. Christian and Benjamin took one look at tom, their faces lighting up in happiness as they ran to him, jumping into his arms. We had always made sure they both knew who he was with pictures and stories, so they knew exactly who it was standing before them.

"You're back" Christian laughed happily as he hugged his father.

"Yes i am little guy, you two have grown quite a bit since i last saw you both" tom chuckled placing them both down.

"Daddy said we are now almost three" benjamin giggled.

Tom looked up, his eyes glistening as he spotted layla holding rosie's hand, she smiled at him and slowly let go of rosie, waddling towards him.

"Is she" tom asked with wide teared eyes as he looked to me and mattheo.

"Yes, her name is Layla" mattheo smiled.

Tom leaned down to her height as she approached him, looking intently at his daughter for the first time. Layla gave him a big smile, slowly putting her hand out to touch his face, examining his features.

"Hello" tom said quietly, lifting her up into his arms.

"Hi" she giggled in her baby voice, twirling his hair in her fingers, I approached them both, smiling at her then to tom, "she has your eyes" I whispered to tom while looking at layla. I could feel his gaze on me, smiling as i looked at our daughter. It felt to good to be true to have him back.

"Are you my first daddy" layla giggled, we never lied to the Christian or layla about who their true father was, we didn't want to have to have that awkward conversation with them when they were older about who their true father was, we told them that tom was their first father, but he had to go somewhere for a long time, and that mattheo was their second father, Benjamin always knew mattheo was his first father, it was just the easiest way to explain it to children at such a young age, even though they were extremely smart for their age.

"Yes, yes i am" tom chuckled as he placed a kiss on her forehead, wrapping his other arm around my shoulder and placing a soft kiss on mine.

"Let's get inside, the kids need dinner and we have a lot of catching up to do" mattheo said happily, lifting benjamin and christian into his arms.

We all headed back inside, all of us sat round the dining table in the dining room as the dinner was served, our fathers sat at the head of the table as usual, my mother beside my father, tom and mattheo on either side of me, the rest of the group with us too.

"So daphne, i see enzo finally got you pregnant" tom chuckled as he pointed to her stomach.

"I know, kind of regretting it now though, i just wish i could push the bloody thing out already" she huffed glaring at enzo, he smiled back at her, placing a soft kiss on her cheek.

"Soo what else have i missed" tom responded as he took a sip from his glass.

"Uh daphne and enzo are getting married after the baby comes, draco and astoria have already got married and you've already met scorpius, aria and theo are engaged, pansy and amelia are already married, and blaise, reggie and kai are still giant man whores" i giggled looking to tom.

"That about sums it up" my father said rolling his eyes with a laugh.

"Onto more pressing matters" their father said as he grabbed a news paper, looking at it for a few seconds with a smirk and then using it whack tom in the head, making us all laugh.

"Father what the fuck was that for" tom winced as he rubbed the back of his head.

"Why would you bloody make yourself forget you had a horcrux and not tell anyone" he said through gritted teeth, "what if we never found your diary, we would have never brought you back" he huffed.

"Yeah I don't know what i was thinking, I apologise" tom chuckled.

The rest of the dinner was filled with chatter and laughter, everyone being their most happy they had been since toms passing, I couldn't stop looking between him and mattheo, my life was finally complete, i had tom back, i had mattheo, and we had three beautiful children and one on the way.

I placed my hands on both their thighs, looking between them both, "im happy i have you both again" I whispered between them both.

"I love you" they both whispered in unison making me giggle.

We lived happily throughout the years, my relationship with them both may have seemed strange to people but we didn't care, i loved them both and they loved me, and thats all that mattered, at the end of the day, we were just moths drawn to a flame.

                             The end.

____________

If you got this far then thank you for reading, i hope you enjoyed it! Im currently working on another book and my writing has improved! Ill be taking my time with this one but i hope to get a few chapters out this month so keep your eye out if you are interested.

Thank you all for reading moths to a flame🤍