Chapter 37

Y/n's pov

I entered the dining room with mattheo and tom by my side, many deatheaters bowing their heads to us as we strolled along the large wooden table to our seats, now that i was married to mattheo i had to sit beside him, which of course I didn't mind, tom was also sat on my other side. They both seemed tense, unusually tense if you ask me but I shrugged it off, waiting for the meeting to begin. As the hall filled my eyes caught sight of kai walking in the room, aria behind him, their parents talking to enzo's quietly for a quick conversation before everyone had to sit down.

Aria caught sight of mattheo, sending him a friendly smile and a light wave, my jaw clenched in anger, how fucking dare she even look at him.
Mattheo ignored her, a blank expression on his face as he turned to look at me, giving me a small smile and placing his hand on my thigh in reassurance, but it didn't help. I was still absolutely seething, i was quite angry today for some reason.

I looked over to aria again, glaring at her in anger, she quickly put her head down and sat beside kai, not bothering to look up again.

"Fucking bitch" i muttered underneath my breath, making tom and Mattheo chuckle quietly, they quickly stopped as i glared at them both.

"How you feeling love" tom said in a quiet whisper, everyone around us began sitting down into their seats as the meeting was about to begin.

"Fantastic" i smiled in a sarcastic tone, making him grin slightly as he put his hand on my other thigh that wasn't occupied by mattheo's. My father and theirs entered the room, everyone bowing their heads, keeping their eyes on the long dark wood table, i may have been scary but everyone still feared them both much more.

"Welcome, we have a few things to address this evening, kai Berkshire please come here" their father said in a cold tone.

Kai quickly stood, pacing his way towards my father and theirs, standing at their side.

My father took kai's arm in his hand, holding it tightly as he muttered the spell, the dark ink began flowing into kai's arm while he stiffened at the burning pain, my father finally let go of his arm after spelling the dark mark onto it, a permanent reminder of which side he walked.

"Welcome to the ranks kai, we thank you for your work on the cabinet" their father said with a slight grin.

"Thank you my lords" he responded and bowed his head, making his way back to his seat beside his stupid fucking whore of a sister, i really was not in a good mood today.

"Now onto the next thing, boys i have a small task for you, shouldn't take up much of your time, i need you to go to a small safe house and kill the people there, they are part of the resistance that is forming and we need to start acting on this as soon as possible" their father said in a stern tone.

"Yes my lords" all the boys responded in unison, including kai seeing as he would now be joining them for tasks.

"What about me" i asked in confusion, my eyebrows furrowed. I always went with them on tasks, why was this one any different?

Both the dark lords looked to tom and mattheo, then me, silence resonated in the room for a few moments as they thought of words to say, i furrowed my brows in confusion even more, what has gotten into them?

"You will be staying here sweetheart, i have some business i wish to discuss with you" my father said with a light smile.

I looked to my father, my eyes narrowed in annoyance, I didn't like this one bit, tom and mattheo going of on a task without me when we all knew mattheo would be at his strongest if i was by his side, our powers worked better that way if we were in close proximity to each other.