Chapter Four

This WSL season was predicted to be much bigger than the previous ones.
After the Lionesses Euros win, the amount of people watching and attending the games rose. Now, after almost winning the World Cup, the games would be massive.
This could be seen as a good thing for some but for the journalists, it was hell. They would have to write up SO MANY STORIES. Last year, she got finger cramp so bad she was crying.

Evelyn rolled out of bed when her alarm went off. Today was the day.
She hadn't seen Alessia since, well, that.
Evelyn would be lying if she said that the footballer hadn't haunted her dreams and whenever Evelyn saw a blonde she didn't think it was Alessia.
She was incredibly conflicted. Sure, she thought Alessia was beautiful, and she really is beautiful, but Evelyn also thought her friends were beautiful but didn't want to sleep with them.
She didn't know what to do.

Evelyn slammed her car door shut. She wanted to be anywhere other than here. 'Here' was at Arsenal's opening match for the league. Firstly she had to watch the match then she had to interview all the players. She was praying that Russo would not be playing today.
She took her place at the very front of the seats, she had a perfect view of the pitch. Evelyn got her phone out and started texting her best friend about the situation.

          Marie <33
                  Oh my fucking god marie
               save me pleaseee

Why

                  Okok so basically yk russo

The one helena
loves
                 Yeah so basically we had a
                 moment ykyk

Nahh man you
fr
                   Yeahhh but basically Im at
                   the match and what if i have
                  to interview herrrr

Man the fuck
up

               You're no help

Evelyn rolled her eyes and turned her phone off as the lineup was announced.

1 Zinsberger
15 McCabe
3 Wubben-Moy
5 Beattie
7 Catley
10 Little
12 Maanum
13 Waiti
19 Foord
23 Russo
24 Lacasse

"Fuck's sake" She whispered, gaining a few odd looks from others around her.
The starting 11 came out and started lining up. Evelyn looked at Katie McCabe, wondering if she'll get a booking.
Her eyes then betrayed her by flicking over to the number 23. She was genuinely mesmerising and Evelyn had to tear her eyes off her.
The match then started and Evelyn got her notebook out so she could start thinking of questions for later. Unfortunately, she was rather preoccupied by the vast amount of corners Arsenal got. And, of course, by the blonde.

As the players left the pitch for half time, Russo looked round and caught Evelyn's eye as she was getting up to go get a drink. They held eye contact for a good few seconds before Evelyn got knocked by one of the other supporters, spilling their drink all over her.
She clutched at her eye as some of the fizzy drink had got into her eye "Fuck" She swore.
"Sorry mate" Called a voice "Do you want a paper towel?"
"No it's all good" Evelyn was way too polite for her own good.
She decided not to get a drink and to just sit back down and text Marie.

Marie <33

My day keeps getting worse
What happened

Some wanker spilled a drink
in my eye and now it hurts
badly

Shit go to
a medic or something

I cant I've literally got a job

Never back down
never what????

never give up

Never back down
never what???

NEVER GIVE UP

Atta girl

Evelyn laughed and shut her phone as the players started coming back out. She was in the zone, thinking of brilliant questions to ask when she was inturrupted.
"You okay?"
Evelyn looked up at the source of the question. The very blonde Arsenal player she was dreading on seeing.
"Yeah, I'm fine thanks" Evelyn replied, wincing at the sharp pain in her eye when she smiled.
"Are you sure, I saw what happened"
"I'm sure"
"Okay, well I'll see you later" Alessia smiled and jogged back to join her teammates.
Evelyn got out her notebook again and started jotting down notes and ideas. Although, the dreaded blonde still plagued her mind.

After the match, which was lost 1-0, she stood at the interview stage and waited for the Arsenal players. She clicked her tongue as the feeling in the pit of her stomach soared when she saw who was headed towards her.
"Alright?" Evelyn asked her
"Sucked about the match but whatever" Russo replied "How's your eye?"
"Painful" Evelyn laughed "Anyway, shall we begin?"
Alessia nodded
"Who played the best on the pitch in your opinion"
"Maybe Katie, I mean, she is brilliant"
Evelyn continued to ask Alessia and then the other players the questions. When she finished, she packed up her stuff and got in her car, preparing to drive away before Alessia turned up, again. Evelyn groaned as she started making her way towards the car window.
"Hello again" She grinned "Leaving so soon?"
"Unsuprisingly" Evelyn laughed "You should know something, I have absolutely no interest in football"
The look on Alessia's face was priceless. "Then why are you always at matches and interviews?"
"Money"
"Ah" Alessia stood up straight "Right I better be off"
"Wait" Evelyn spoke before she thought. "Give us your hand"
Alessia gave Evelyn her hand, looking very confused. "What are you doing?"
"Giving you my number" Evelyn started to have doubts about what she was doing but continued writing anyway "So you can see me any time you want"
Evelyn held onto Alessia's hand for a few seconds longer than necessary, she was just so beautiful. Evelyn was still incredibly confused but she knew Alessia was different. She wanted to see what would happen with her.
And anyway, she might get a good article out of it.