Chapter Eight

A few days later and Evelyn was sat at her desk. The deadline for her article was in a week. She could not think of anything to write about. Well, that's a lie, she knew what she could write about. She could write about a certain footballer. The certain footballers recent lesbian experience. A news article like that would be massive. An insight into the Arsenal stars personal life. Evelyn knew she couldn't write it, well she shouldn't. She most certainly could. She could have the most dullest experience and turn it into a masterpeice.
Her phone vibrated as she recieved a text. It's from the very person she was thinking about.
"We still on for tonight?" It read. Evelyn responded with a thumbs up emoji. They were going out on the date they'd spoken about.
She started searching her brain for something else to write about. She could write about the new players and how they've settled into life in London. That could be big, it could also flop. But with a story about Russo's personal life, it would really put her name out there. So even if she did get the sack, she could find a job much easier.
It would be a horrible thing to do, it would ruin their relationship for good. Not that they really had a relationship, they slept together once. But it was beautiful. Alessia would hate her, like truly hate her. She really shouldn't. And yet she found herself typing the headline.

Lioness Hero Alessia Russo Secret Lover

She sighed, the title didn't seem right. She deleted the first line, trying to think of something else.

Evelyn pulls the dress over her head. She's trying to distract herself from thinking about writing the article. The dress was black and strapless, it complemented her red necklace well. If Evelyn had to pick a colour that represented her, it'd be red. Very short temper however very loving and seductive. She got a notification telling her the taxi was coming in about 5 minutes.
She was very nervous, the last date she'd been on was with her ex-boyfriend. He was not a good bloke, when she thought she might be pregnant he immediately responded with 'You're getting an abortion right?'
Evelyn was not pregnant and if she was, she would've wanted to keep it. Her family didn't like him, which should've been the 1st red flag. But with Alessia she knew her family would love her. Mostly Helena. Why was she even thinking about Alessia meeting her parents. This thing probably wouldn't last. I mean, she thought Blake was her soulmate. And Marcus. And Tom. Basically anyone she liked was her soulmate.
Her phone chimes bringing her out of her thought. Her uber was outside so she grabbed her jacket and headed out to meet them.

Evelyn walked into the restaurant, her eyes taking in the vast seating area. It was much posher than any place she'd been in before. She felt very underdressed, even more so when Alessia approached her. She was wearing a longer dress and heels.
"Bloody hell, you should've told me there's a fucking dress code" Evelyn hissed at her
"And hello to you too" Alessia smiles at the flustered girl
"We're not eating here are we" If she wasn't feeling nervous enough before, she most certainly was now.
"Of course we are. Anyway, you're with me, no one will be looking at you"
Evelyn internally cursed the smug girl before trailing behind her as Alessia led them to their table.

Evelyn tapped her fingers against the marble table, it was not going well. They'd ran out of things to talk about by the time their drinks had arrived.
"So, when's your next match" She asked, breaking the unbearable silence
"It's on Friday" Alessia coughed "I'd like it if you could be there"
They'd decided to go out on a Wednesday to try and avoid being spotted as much.
"Well I might be there anyway" Her response earned her a puzzled look "Journalist, remember"
The blonde girl hums. They plunge back into the silence.
"How's work?"
"I think I'm going to lose my job" Evelyn replies gloomily
"Can't you do anything" A look of concern crosses Alessia's face.
"I have one last article due before they announce who's staying, so unless I write a blinder of an article, not really."
"What could you write about?" She asks
"The only interesting thing that has happened to me recently is, well.."
Alessia nods "So what're you going to do?"
"Lord knows, I could get a job in a tesco's or something" Her response earned a quiet laugh "I could" She responded defensively.
"You're way too good for a bloody tesco's"
"Well Lessi, if you hadn't noticed, I don't have much choice. I need to pay my rent" Evelyn rolled her eyes, getting slightly annoyed.
"Why don't you set up your own company?" Alessia asks with a seemingly serious tone.
"Oh yes, with the few thousands that I just have laying around"
"I'm trying to help"
"We're very different Alessia, you earn way more money than I do, I can't just wait for a job because I don't want to do anything else. If I don't pay my rent, I get kicked out, simple as" She takes a deep breath.
"Fine if that is how you want to be" Alessia sighs in frustration "Maybe this was a bad idea"
"Yeah no shit" Evelyn scoffs, her anger still rising.
"I'm leaving then" She picks up her bag and gets up from the table, looking like she was about to say something but decides not to and leaves.

Evelyn throws her shoes down and rifles through her bag, looking for her phone.

                 Alessia

                       Maybe I should write an article
                       telling everyone exactly what
                        happened.

Oh yeah then what?
I sue for defamation.

                      You footballers are all the same,
               so far up your own arse that you
                    can't see anyone else's problems.

I was trying to help
you. If anything, you
are the one who can't
see anyone elses
problems. 

                        Oh yeah, pin the blame on me.
                        Fuck off Alessia, don't text me.

Fine.

                                    I said don't text me

And I was making
sure you knew I
understood.

                                 I didn't need clarification.

Just making sure.

She throws her phone onto her bed. Obviously Alessia was in the right but Evelyn couldn't just admit that.
No. Fuck this. She needed to tell her exactly what she thought of her.

                 Alessia

                  That was my first date with
                 a girl and I thought it'd be
               much better than dating men
              But seriously, everyone I take
             any interest in turns out to be a cunt.

I thought you didn't
wan't anything to
do with me

                         Yeah well I can't stop thinking
                        about you.

Great

                 I can't stop thinking about writing
           about what happened the other night.

Writing about
what exactly?

                                      About what happened.

Tell everyone,
write the story,
tell the whole world
that Alessia Russo is
gay. Yes, that is the right
thing to do.

                          Yeah well maybe that is what
                             you deserve.

I am a nice person,
don't even.

                Yes, leaving me in the restaurant is
                 so kind!!

Right we both know
you're wrong and
last time we fought,
we ended up having
mind-blowing sex. So
should we just skip to
that part?

                                 Thought you'd never ask.

Remember my
address?

                                      Fuck yeah

Evelyn giggled as she got a weird feeling in the bottom of her stomach, it constantly happened when Alessia was around. It felt like pure joy. Even though less than 2 minutes ago, all she felt about Alessia was pure rage.
She grabbed her keys and slammed her front door behind her.