My Teddy Bear - A Gaara Love Story

Your P.O.V

The sun is shinning with just a few clouds in the sky. The birds chirp their song as a soft wind blows.

I'm just sitting here enjoying the.... o wait, i'm supposed to be running. The bushes moved behind me and a man probably a few inches over 6 feet tall became visible. His face was not pleasent. His dark green eyes glared right at me, nose and chin very pointed. The few scars on his face and jet black hair adding to his appearance of a villain. At least to me anyway.

I don't know why these people won't leave me alone. I've been running from them for over a year. I'm only 8 by the way, but don't let that fool you. As far as i can remember, i've always been alone. It is kinda sad, but i've managed to get by so far.

The man pushed the low branches away and reached for me. I back flipped away and then did what any young child would. I ran as fast as my small legs could carry me.

Before long i made it out of the forest and into a sand covered opening. There was a little boy, holding a teddy bear, just standing there. He had blood red hair and looked like he was close to crying. Then i noticed the sand floating around him, but that didn't stop me. I ran right over to him, grabbed his hand and tried to keep running, but apparently he has a sturdy stance, because i fell flat on my face. I quickly jumped back up and stood in front of him, but before i could tell him to run, i screamed.

The little boy's blueish-green eyes widened, as i reached around and pulled a kuni from my shoulder. I glanced behind me to see the same man from before slowly walking over to us. I turned back around and put my hands on the little boy's shoulders.

" My name is crystal, there's no time for me to explain anything. Just please run. "

The villainous man started to laugh behind me: " Him run? Tha'ts ridiculous. Gaara of the desert would never run. He's a monster that lives to kill. "

I stared into Gaara's eyes as the man spoke. Shock was evident at first, but anger soon replaced it. Even though i could feel the anger coming off him, i could plainly see the loneliness, sadness and really just the want for someone to care.

The man: " What luck, i can kill the monster and take you. My payment should double for this. "

As i straighted up, i turned around to face the man. Who cares about the stories i've heard about senseless killing or the tales about no one could look at him and live to talk about it. I moved my arms out taking a protective stance.

The man: " What? Are you going to protect him? Foolish child. My boss just said i had to bring you back alive. That means i can have some fun. "

He pulled out some shiriken and threw them right at me.

" You will not hurt him! "

I shut my eyes before the shiriken hit and bit my lip, to prevent myself from screaming. I could sense where each skiriken was and made sure they all hit me, leaving Gaara unharmed behind me.

Once i opened my eyes, i could see the man absolutely coated in sand and floating off the ground.

Gaara: " Sand Coffin. "

The lump of sand compressed in on itself and crushed the man. Then it all fell to the ground. Nothing but a sandy, bloody mess. I fell to my knees, staring at what used to be a human being.

Gaara: "Now you think i'm a monster to, don't you? "

He sounded angry, but in the under tone i could hear the sadness. I shook my head no, as i pulled out the shiriken and dropped them on the ground. My legs were wobbly as i stood up. I reached for Gaara's hand, but he held onto his teddy bear and backed away.

" It's ok. I want to walk you home for saving me. Which way is your house?"

Gaara stared at me in almost shock for a few seconds before reaching out and taking my outstretched hand.

Gaara: " It.. It's this way. "

He stared walking, with me right in step next to him.