ARC 2: Stark on the south.

MARGAERY TYRELL 
.....
"We need to go."
Margaery shrugged her sheets with fright and kicked the man. The dagger beneath her pillow was already in her hand, she held it in front of her. She looked around for Kurama, then back up, her heart hammering against her chest.

"Nice reflexes." Loras caressed his hand and frowned. "Valyrian steel, nice." She shook her head, catching her stuck breath, "Put your clothes on, why are you naked, Joffrey isn't even in the capital."

She frowned, gathering the cover around her. "What are you doing barging into his chambers like this." She was naked and asleep, she should have locked the door. She hated herself for hoping that Joffrey would come by the night and hug her in her sleep.

"We need to go, the King is dead." He whispered. "Renly said Ned Stark means to hold the throne, if we stay, come sunrise we will be in the middle of a blood bath."

Margaery gaped at her brother. "I can't leave, Joff will be back." She threw the covers away and pulled on her underwear, a bra, and then her gown. "What do you mean Ned Stark wants to hold the throne?"

"Isn't that uncomfortable?" Loras asked as she strapped the dagger and its sheath against her thigh. "Joffrey is who knows where, the queen doesn't like you, the Starks hold no love for you, and with the little few men we have, we will be easy picking. Renly has a hundred men, we can ride in the dark before anyone looks for us "

Margaery shook her head, her hand rushed to her belly. "No, if we run, we lose."

Loras looked at her in bafflement, "Lose what? Joffrey won't be a king if he doesn't sit on the throne. Do you have any idea what they will do to you if you stay here?" He took a step forth. "Without Joffrey here, without Ser Fox here, we have no plan of action."

She saw Kurama crawl out from beneath the bed, his leathery wings stretching, his red eyes glowing as he looked at Loras, his form, now almost to her chest stood before her, shielding her from Loras.

She gave him a narrow eye. "If I run now, I betray his trust." She shook her head. "Do you mean to leave me if I do not go?" She asked softly. "Loras?"

"As soon as Ned Stark gets to that throne, the realm will hear that Joffrey is a Lannister, it will be Renly who will be the heir, or Stannis, wherever he is hiding." He took a step towards her and the dragon opened its maw, red. Blood-red flames poured out his nostrils, the room itself was bathed in a red glow, ready to spew fire.

"Now this sucks."

Loras spun around and at the doorway, Joffrey stood with a sword in his hand. "My father is dead, and you mean to take away my betrothed and my child from me, good brother."

"Child?" Loras looked at her and then her hand that rested on her belly.
"Seven hells." He sighed. "We only have a dozen men with us, rest Lannister men, under your mother, Stark men, Golden cloaks, they run for the one with the gold, we aren't safe here."

Joffrey snorted as he pushed past Loras, "Do you not trust yourself with your blades, good brother?" He asked as he petted Kurama. "Thanks for keeping an ear out friend." The dragon snorted, nodded, and hopped onto the bed, curling up to sleep.

"Where were you Joff, you could have healed the king." She gasped as she hugged her.

"I could have, would I have?" He shrugged. "Probably, but I was doing the right thing, he did what he thought was best in the situation, hide in the woods to hunt, I was doing what I believed was right, I have done that." He let her go. "The best place to be is beside me." He turned to Loras. "If you are going to abandon your sister and throw your lot with Renly, be my guest." He walked to the wall, traced a finger along it, and pressed.
"Come Mar, we need to prepare."