ARC 1: The Divine.

ROBERT BARATHEON 

He cursed himself as he made his way toward Jon's room, every step he took jostled his head which was already aching, he should not have drunk so much the night before.  

But who could fault him for celebrating with his only friend in the shithole of a city? Thoros had come to be a contender in the tourney and Robert was glad to receive his friend, they had laughed and drunk and eaten the entire stag that he had skewered. Robert had boasted how good a son he was blessed with and Thoros had agreed.

He was woken early, too early for his liking. Apparent Jon had come with an ailment of the stomach and had not stopped calling for 'Robert'. He had half the mind to tell them that the man only wanted his son but then he decided that he should see his friend before he got ready for the tourney.

Robert would miss the old man during celebrations and it would leave a bad taste in his mouth if he didn't at least ask about his well-being before he went drinking and riding.

"My, is this the gift you prepared for me?" Joffrey met him on the corridor, having just returned from his daily routine of those weird stretches and exercises, whatever ups and downs he called them, the only ups and downs a man needed was on top of a woman, Robert had told his son once. The boy had only pulled his shirt up, showing his muscles, and looked at Robert's own bulging belly. Cheeky brat. "Getting up so early, this certainly exceeds my expectations."

"Shut up boy." He pulled the brat along as he walked up the stairs of the tower of the hand.

"Is something to matter?" Joffrey asked as he eyed their path. A frown climbed up his brows.

Robert huffed. "Jon came up with something." He told the boy. "They say he is too weak to even rise from the bed."

Joffrey nodded silently. "We should see him." He pulled the cloak tighter around him, boy was shirtless and sweaty.

"Maybe come after you wash yourself?" Robert suggested.

Joffery shook his head, "I'll be alright. " he frowned. "This certainly isn't good, he was well and fine just the day before." Joffery narrowed his eyes as if to think of something.
"Does he have a food taster?" His words brought a chill to his heart.

Robert didn't berate him for insinuating a poisoning attempt. So many people had come to King's Landing and the Red Keep itself, it was possible, he didn't know who had any reason to poison Jon, the man was well-liked.

"We will ask." He nodded and they walked up the stairs.

When he reached the room, three guards had been stationed at the door. Robert walked in without stopping, his eyes finding the old man who looked paler than ever. Half-lidded-eyes straining to stay open, he was being nursed by his maester whose name Robert didn't know.

His wife stood by the door and bowed as he passed by.

"Stannis, what are you doing here?" Robert noticed his brother who was just as anxious by the old man's side.

"Robert!" Stannis sighed almost in relief, "We...."

He stopped, his eyes locked behind him.

"Uncle." Joffrey walked past Robert, across from the maester who was sitting on a stand by the old man. He leaned down, toughed the forehead with his fingers, then the neck, and then placed a palm on the man's chest and frowned.
"His heartbeat is a little shallow, and he has mild fever but nothing too extreme." Joff then held the man's nails, looked at them, and then pulled the eyelids apart to watch the eye and then the face in scrutiny.

"No, poison." He said, "Have you any idea as to what this ailment it is Maester?"

The maester sighed and shook his head. "No, your grace, the lord was well last night if not a little overworked. He had been peering over papers and rushing around King's Landing all week. It seems to have finally caught up to him."