Chapter three: Pain

Crimson's pov

I walked to Night, and tried to speak but we heard the soft whiz of the air being cut. Night turned around, pushed me, and grabbed the knife before it hit her. Slenderman reached out for Night but I yelled at her to watch out. She turned around, threw the knife at Slender, and he vanished. He grabbed Jeff and Toby, then they disappeared. I grabbed Night's hand and drug her home. We made it to our drive way, and we laughed. We walked up the drive way, and a chill ran down the length of our spines. I grabbed Night's wrist, and when I want to it's like a mind link for us. I can't do this to anyone else but Night and I can o this to each other. I whispered to her mind.

Ignore them and maybe they'll go away.

She nodded, and we trekked up our long drive way laughing, and hopefully ignoring those boys making them leave.

**********************
Night's pov
**********************

My sister and i reached the hellhole we call home. We stopped at the door, and i looked to my right, at my sister. Trees surrounded out home making it the largest forest anyone has ever seen. At lease to me and my sister. We used to live by huge forests but this one was bigger by far. It put the size of all the other forests we lived by, to shame. As I looked at my little sister. I Couldn't help but notice, Slenderman was standing just outside the tree line. Like he wanted me to see him. I glared, and looked at our front door.

"You know what we forgot?" I asked Crim.

"Hmmm?" She hummed.

"Your throwing knives."

"Oh, well. I get them later."

I reached for the door, but it swung open itself, and an empty beer bottle smashed into my face. The impact of the bottle made me turn my head away. I just barely noticed Jeff in the trees watching with horror. Katherine reached out the door, and yanked my sister's hair. Crim screamed in pain, and i whirled around. I grabbed my Katherine's wrist and applied pressure making it hurt. Katherine pulled away, then back handed me so hard I fell down the front porch stairs. I moaned in pain, and Crim ran down the steps to me. Katherine came down the steps, and she stomped on my stomach. I rolled over groaning. Katherine then started kicking me in my stomach over and over. I threw up a stick red substance, and i couldn't breathe.

"Don't. Fucking. Touch. Me." Katheri said between kicks.

She stopped after the stick red substance was pooling around my hands. Katherine stood back, and rolled over gasping for breath. To a normal family it may seem stupid to take the blame for a brother or sister, but for I felt the need to protect my sister. When she'd make a mistake I would take the blame and get myself beaten for it. Crim was still beaten but no where near as bad as me. I crawled onto my hands and knees, then stood on my knees. I looked up and the moment I did I was back handed. I fell to the side, and blood leaked from my cheek. The slap had broken my skin and it bled uncontrollably. I heard a set of foot steps walk away then come back. I someone, i assume was Crim, wrapped her arms around me, and I creamed in pain.

"Please Night. Lay on your back, let me help." She whispered.

I moved up t my hands and knees, and tried to crawl away.

"Don't touch me. Please. It hurts." I moaned.

A bottle smashed over my head, and I fell down onto my stomach.

"Stop fucking hurting her you bitch!" Crim screamed at Katherine.

I heard a dark growl, the Katherine's foot steps walk away. A moment later, she came back out.

"This will teach you to call me a bitch!" Katherine growled.

Katherine held a kitchen knife, and was heading straight for Crim. My eyes widened a I got up.

"No." I groaned softly.

It felt like the whole atmosphere got heavy and dark. I ignored it, couldn't let Crim get hurt. I lunged just as Katherine pulled the knife down to stab Crim, and it stabbed me instead. It cut my chin slightly and impaled my shoulder. I screamed in pain and fell to my knees holding my wound. Blood ran down from all my wounds, and it streamed down my front. Blood made my clothes stick to my skin.

"You pathetic bitch! Why are you doing this? She doesn't appricate you so why do you keep taking the blame?" Katherine yelled at me.

"Because. It's my job to protect my little sister." I said and spit up blood.

Katherine just sneered and slapped me.

"Make me dinner you skanks." She said, and walked inside.

Crim helped me up while i cried in pain. I pulled the knife out of my shoulder, and help my wound softly. Crim wrapped her arm around my and helped me inside. I walked to the kitchen myself, wrapped in shoulder in a towel, and it to work on dinner.

"Hey you!" Katherine yelled.

"Me?" Crim asked.

"Yes, you. Go clean my room." Crim nodded and walked away.

Katherine looked at me, and i looked back. As i did, Crim loked around the corner and waved at me. In her hand was her missing throwing knives. I smiled, and Katheri noticed. She turned to see why and Crim disappeared. I turned away and I made Katherine dinner. It didn't take long and my wounds dried up some while I was cooking dinner. I gave a plate to Katherine, and she told me to go to my room, and not to come out the rest of the night. I walked to my room to find Crim sitting on her bed. Crim and I shared a room so when i Walked in Crim gasped. She ran into the bathroom connected to our room, and came out with a hot wet rag, gauze, a needle, thread, and alcohol. She fixed my wound while I cried.

The funny thing was, Crim and I don't cry normal tears. I cry tears that were tinted pink and they weren't salty like normal tears are, mine had a coppery tang like blood. Crim cried gold tears. For both of us, the harder we cried the darker our tears get. Mine turn to blood, and hers turn to the color of pure gold.

After Crim finished cleaning my wound, she wrapped it, and I laid in my bed. A chill ran down my spines for the fourth time today and I knew we were being watched. I'm not sure if Crim felt it too, but she certainly let anyone who was listening, know our business. I never mentioned but the window in our room can't close. It's always open, and a tree kind of wraps around into the room and around my bed.

"Ya know. If you just would have let me take my punishment you wouldn't be in this much pain." She said, running her soft finger through my hair

"But I can't let you get hurt. I have to protect you at any cost." I mumbled.

"I don't want you to protect me. You protecting me just gets you more pain and to me, seeing you in this much pain hurts me."

"Crim. I'm your older sister and it's my job to protect you, even if that means getting hurt. Besides, the pain will be gone by tomorrow morning."

"But, Night. The bruises and half healed scars are left behind."

"I don't care! I have to protect you!" I said a little louder than normal.

"OK. Just don't get yourself kill while protecting me." She said and hugged me softly.

"If that's the price the price I have to pay just to keep you safe from harm, I'd pay it in a heartbeat." I whispered.

"Just sleep." Crim whispered.

Crim changed into a slim, yet long shirt that reached her mid-thigh, and laid in bed. I Pulled off my bloody clothes, hopped in the shower, and I dressed in a black Night shirt, and purple underwear.

I laid in my bed, and slowly, softly fell into a dark horrifying Night terror.