~18~

༻⇟≽❃Ӝ̨❃≼⇟༺

Meeting

They didn't expect an area that seems to be an old town abandoned deep in the forest but it was secluded, and convenient if you're trying to hide from people who's eyes are almost everywhere in the city. Leorio parked the car just on the side of the road and surveyed the path that led to a cliff viewing a desolate landscape. But beyond the dry land are ruins of what could have once been a capital. It's walls cracked and parts of it fallen, the main gate has seen better days, and inside are old houses and buildings.

"Any more instructions from him?" asked Leorio.

Yura checked her phone and looked at the last message before the signal went off,

"Nothing. Just told me to wait somewhere when I get here."

"You didn't tell him you have company?" asked Kalluto.

"Well, no... That should still be fine, right?"

Something then glints from afar and Yura's eyes went sharp as she deflected an assault that zoomed at her direction, making it stick to the ground near her. It took a second for her to realize that she's conjured a knife on her hand that saved her. She looked at what could have hit her and found an arrow made of alumium.

Leorio and Kalluto took their stances and stood in defense.

It was quiet. Only the wind blowing and the rustling of the trees kept them company. Yura conjured another weapon to replace the knife and held ring blades on each of her hand. Not too long after, she spotted a figure emerging from afar beyond the trees in the direction from where the arrow came from.

The figure came closer and Yura heard a surprised gasp from both of her companions. Finally, they were able to see the man as he walked closer, his bow in hand and quiver secured on his back holding the arrow. His hair a dark mess, his eyes gleaming with amusement, his boyish grin unjustly charming, and his physique threatening Yura with its hidden capabilities.

"You're Tetsuya Akuma."

They all relaxed but still kept their guard up as they stood before the elder brother of Megumi Akuma. Yura was stunned as confusion clouded her mind. She hadn't expected him out of all the people to reach her under the circumstances she's in right now. What could have possibly be the connection with him seemingly trying to help her when it would make more sense if he was conspiring against her?

'I mean, if Megumi Akuma is really that petty to ask her brother to come after me, why not try to get rid of me, right?'

"I see you're all a bit confused."

"I'm sorry, how do you fit in the picture?"

"Before that, what the hell was that for?!" Leorio points at the arrow still sticking on the ground.

"Just testing her. I guess I shouldn't underestimate the woman that the heir of the Zoldyck family chose to be his wife. Even if tehnically, he didn't ask her to marry him." Tetsuya smiled, "by the way, am I invited to the wedding by any chance?"

"You might be if you get to the point." Kalluto quickly answers.

"Oh, are we in such a hurry?"

Yura gives a glance at Kalluto then retracted her weapons and began asking,

"How were you able to get my number and why are you contacting me?"

"We have common ways to get access to phone numbers and before I bore you with how I secure data from pyring eyes, I want to let you know that I'm here to do Killlua a favor. You're also my safest bet." Tetsuya proceeds to sit on the spot he was just standing on and placed his bow on the ground beside him."Man, it's so tiring to be in this business."