~17~

༻⇟≽❃Ӝ̨❃≼⇟༺

Fear and Hope

Once Silva received Killua's report, he decided to call for another meeting with the rest, also calling his son. He sighed, feeling that the enemies are closing in on them from every side. Everytime he and Illumi made a discovery with UBHS and YNBD, they get a new development without ever taking a break or having time to allow the current discovery sink in.

He sat quietly around the table in the meeting room with all important representatives present. Morel, Shoot, Tsubone, Knuckkle, and Bisky. The silence was deafening, the atmosphere felt suffocating. After all, chasing criminals are not exactly very relaxing.

When the door of the office opened and Killua finally arrived, Silva quickly stood up to meet him halfway and stand before him,

"How is she doing now? What about Kalluto?" He quickly asked, his face clearly worried.

"They're both fine. Kalluto is holding up better. Yura had quite an episode but it's because of that, I gained something new."

Killua's answer gained different responses. While Silva's tensed shoulders relaxed, something heavy remained hanging around Shoot which did not pass Killua's attention. But instead of asking his senior, he focused on his father,

"By the way, I thought we're meeting a bit later. Who's following the trail on Milluki's whereabouts and the one on Saherta's Former Intelligence?"

Silva crossed his arms, "Slow down. We have new intel. Who's staying with Yura in the house?"

"Besides the family, we have Leorio. What's going on?"

"Sit down, Killua." said Bisky with her tone calm but firm.

After getting an encouraging look from his father, Killua took his seat next to Morel and across Shoot while Silva also settled down. 

"Did you tell her?" Shoot asked.

Killua frowned slightlly and looked away,

"I can't. She just went through something extreme and I can't put any more pressure on her shoulders or put worry in her mind."

Shoot balled his fist resting on the table, "You should have told her anyway. Ced might be after her. That swamp beast may be communicating with its master possibly reporting one soul slipping. And now, we just received report from Swardani's Blacklist Force concerning the museum attack. While we have that lead on the merchant Illumi had terminated years ago and narrowed the list on victims Kurapika's subordinates provided, now we have two more people missing."

Killua looks at his senior, utterly shocked.

Shoot lets out a soft sigh and pointed a look towards Silva who took the reigns,

"Before we say anything, what did you learn from Yura?"

"The visions she's having, it's not perceiving the future. It's perceiving what had already happened. That one soul that slipped was able to reach her, brought her to the past. From the paranormal side of things, she's caught up and therefore, doesn't need my report on that matter. Now, she volunteered to cover the paranormal side of this case. Also, we can't be sure if that beast can really communicate with Ced."

Shoot pinched the bridge of his nose and took his time to calm down. Then, he asks,

"Fine. What about her physical state?"