~8~

༻⇟≽❃Ӝ̨❃≼⇟༺

Double Trouble

The headquarters bustled with phone calls, rushing employees with tapping and clacking shoes, and voices talking over each other. A typical hectic day in the office. But when Shoot led the two hunters with him to one of the floors, the softer noise greeted them as they stepped out of the elevator and into a less cramped office with few cubicles that are quite spacious, keyboards tapping with few voices talking.

Shoot then walks to a fancy door and opens it for Killua and Kurapika to enter and to their surprise, saw Knuckle, Morel, and Knov waiting for them around a table.

"Looks like the whole team is here." Killua grinned as he met Morel who gave him a high five.

"Nice to see you, Killua! Who's your friend?"

"Kurapika, pleased to meet you." he steps forward.

"Ah, Yorknew Blacklist Force. The Scarlet Ghost, they say. It's an honor to meet you!" Morel shook hands with Kurapika as the later shrugged.

"I wouldn't reveal myself that way."

Knov and Knuckle also came forward and shook hands with him, each giving their own greeting,

"Looking forward to working with you."

"You're a very humble man, I've read articles about you and watched the news when you cracked some cases." Knuckle grinned and Kurapika thanked him then smiled politely, a bit flattered with how his own work is being recognized.

"Who knew you'd immediately be a superstar, Kurapika." Killua smirks and walls past him to take his seat around the table and the rest followed.

"Yeah, I'm not gonna boast."

Knuckle laughed, "you should! You're doing a great job keeping your department strong while solving case upon case on difficult criminals."

"Apologies, Kurapika-san. He's quite a fan of yours." says Knov.

"There's no inconvenience at all, I'm actually happy to be able to inspire people."

"Well, then. Since you are YNBF, shall we make an official partnership on this case?" Shoot asked formally as he settled on his chair.

"Slow down, we don't know if we have criminals behind this yet." Knuckle made a gesture with his hand.

"It's highly possible though. But first, we need to ask for the Zoldyck family's cooperation. We'll have Killua convince them to put away some time to give us their story. In the meantime, I believe Shoot is working on a pursuit with certain beasts." Kurapika advised.

"Alright, let's get to it then!"

Killua slightly sweatdropped at Knuckle's enthusiasm and imagined his reaction once he finds that it's connected to the upcoming matrimony. As he pushes that issue aside, it being the least of their concern, he jumps in the discussion,

"I'll need my family to come into an agreement to have you involved though. Me and my dad spoke this morning and he is probably coming up with a decision with my family to allow me and Yura to help them with their investigation." he informs and then proposes an option, "if he agrees, I'll carefully bring this team up. If not, then I guess we'll have separate investigations."

"Quick question: What is it that's holding them back from allowing you to help them?" Knov inquires.

Before either Killua or Kurapika answers, Shoot was quick, "Killua and Yura are getting married and they need to prepare for the upcoming wedding in the middle of this crisis."