~16~

༻⇟≽❃Ӝ̨❃≼⇟༺

Love and Courage

Kurapika rushed to Gon's hospital room to find the door opened and raised voices pouring out. Some medical personnel are also crowding at the entrance but he easily got through as they were compliant in allowing him inside.

"My friend needs help!" Gon fiercely snapped at the police officer before him.

"Sir, we've contacted Dr. Leorio who is with her. So, I suggest you stay calm. Everything should be fine."

"Gon." Kurapika calls out gently then exchanged looks with the officer who then silently communicates to the rest to leave. He sat by Gon's bedside facing him.

Now that there's silence, the earlier hostile atmosphere had calmed. Kurapika roamed his eyes around and observed how the wall just near the hospital bed had a crack and Gon had several scratches on his arms.

Sighing inaudibly, Kurapika speaks,

"Knuckle sent me. The beast under Knov-san's custody had quite an interesting reaction in its prison." He began to inform slowly and watched Gon's reaction.

The boy's furrowed brows and deep frown concerned him. He shifted and sat comfortably,

"On my way here, Leorio called me and informed about Yura and Kalluto's condition."

This had Gon's attention as his serious face switched into one with anticipation and eyes screaming concern as he looked at his friend.

"Kalluto had the headache and his past symptom while Yura had, well, another experience to add to the list of the already existing concern. Leorio wasn't specific but he vaguely told me how Yura was almost dead..."

Kurapika's voice faded and refused to see Gon's reaction but continued talking, "... but she's awake now and Killua is with her."

Finally looking at the boy, he found him close to tears.

"Gon..." He reached for his hand.

"I wasn't able to help her." Gon sniffed and tears began streaming down his face, "I could have helped her, Kurapika. I was already there and yet I couldn't even..."

Kurapika scoots and pulls him into an embrace. He said nothing as he could only imagine what the boy had seen and gone through during the vision. But he did want to comfort him.

"Whatever it is, it's over. Yura is back and so are you, it's what matters."

Gon sniffs and then mumbles, "it's not over..."

He left it at that and they both fell into silence, finding comfort in each other's company.

              Kurapika stood just outside Gon's room and called Killua who picked up almost immediately.

"Hey, how's it going over there?"

"Gon is in a daze."

A sigh went through the call, "so is Yura. I went to check on Kalluto and he's farring better..."

Kurapika noticed how his friend's voice faded, wanting to say something but hesitant or not having anything more to say. He speaks again, "What about the family?"

Killua's groan went through, "well, they're still sleeping but I'm sure mom will go hysterical once she hears about the situation."

"Can you take Yura elsewhere?"

"Maybe later. I just need to talk to her first and figure out what happened. She saw something, maybe you can also ask Gon if he's stable enough."

"You can slow down a bit, Killua. You still have a missing brother to look for, and a suspect to tail."