~9~

༻⇟≽❃Ӝ̨❃≼⇟༺

Strings of Mystery

Palm charged at the wolf beast with a series of strong punches and kicks, and would dodge and counterattack which the beast had very little time to react to with the speed of the opponent. Yura had so far only tried to avoid the bat-headed beast's attacks. Even if it was restrained, it was still able to make huge leaps trying to get a bite at her. Yura was ready to keep her own fight short and conjured a rectangular floating lamp just above the beast, one side of the glowing lamp opened and revealed that it was barred on all areas horizontally and vertically, all with inscriptions on the metal.

However, the beast's head started to grow twice bigger and ripped through the cloth-like layer over the head then screeched at her which sent a powerful deafening soundwave. She covered her ears and tried to stay on the ground but the wave was too strong so she conjured a scythe and impaled it on the cemented ground to keep herself in place. The prison lamp vanished.

"Damn it!" She yells in frustration then dematerialized the scythe to conjure back her two-handed crescent blades and with all her strength, threw one at the beast and it hits the shoulder. Using the small opportunity of the sound waves stopping, she lunged, switching the blades with the scythe. But before landing a hit, the beast risked the struggle to get one of its arm out of the rope despite the price and splashed a large amount of black liquid at her.

Recognizing what that was, Yura swung to the side and met the ground, sliding a bit before regaining her stance.

The wolf beast growled to the direction of the other beast which Palm found suspicious and so, she kept attacking it without failing speed. Its claws would get her armor dress but never left a scratch, even after it inflicted a gripping bite, the fangs never got through. Only almost. Even if Palm was rapid, the beast never seemed tired or worn which somehow frustrated her.

'What is this thing made of?'

The bat-headed beast was as relentless and Yura spent a lot of time protecting herself from the acid without landing any attack. To the beast's annoyance, it projected another kind of intangible force directed at her and a sharp high-pitched ringing filled her ears along with multiple voices flooding her head. She dropped to the ground and her scythe vanished. The wound on her fingers that were previously burned had stung and felt like fire.

Immediately seeing Yura vulnerable, the wolf beast zoomed past Palm who was taken off guard but then realized late that it was going for her comrade,

"No!"

The wolf beast then sensed something else but it took a flash when its body is suddenly hit by a million sparks of electricity, the impact mainly on its gut which tortured every cell and rendered the beast motionless on the ground.

A chain is wrapped around Yura's waist and she is pulled out of the way for another person to step in and disembodied hands floated around the bat-headed creature which momentarily got confused, trying to keep them away through directing soundwaves at them but they only kept moving around. Without realizing it, the beast is hit on its eyes and suddenly could not see but can feel that they are somewhere else.

Then a large cage is conjured and looked exactly like a carousel music box. It is barred and hallow inside and the metal that made the bars, glowed with inscriptions. A giant pipe is then swung at the beast which outbalanced it and the cage flew to catch it before imprisoning it behind the bars, effectively keeping it there.

            Palm had unwrapped her hair from her body and is already crouching beside Yura who seemed to be half-conscious and dizzy, cradled in Kurapika's arms.