Chapter 13

Maybe a bit of Aleheather moment in this chapter at the near end hehe)

As daylight rises, Alejandro is awake and slowly walks over to where Heather is. Heather was awake now and waiting as this is her first day as a Runner. Alejandro arrives and slowly kneels. He was wearing his dark red buttoned shirt, dark greenish pants with black hiking boots, and two fingerless gloves on both of his hands.

"Day one, "Greenie". Are you ready, Heather?" Alejandro asked as Heather chuckled. "Are you serious? I am." She said as Alejandro opens the wooden cage and offered a hand. Heather holds his hand as she gets out of the cage. Lightning, Duncan, Courtney, Mike, and Zoey approaches them as Courtney says "Told you it's a big day, Heather."

Heather smiled and slowly asked "Is Geoff okay?". "He's conscious but no longer in pain, which is good. We just have to wait for him to wake up again." Duncan said as he smiled. "Yeah! We will wait for you guys to get ready." Mike said as he, Duncan, Lightning, Courtney and Zoey walked to the entrance of the maze and stands there.

The two would walk over to the Runners homestead as Alejandro gives her a chest harness, the one Izzy wore before she died, and two fingerless gloves. Heather puts them on as Alejandro says "We gotta stay close as always and not get lost.". As Heather puts on the gloves and harness, she asked "And maybe, we gotta find clues also, right?".

Alejandro nodded and says "Yeah. Are you ready now?". Heather looked determined and slowly nodded. She was determined to find another clue. Another possible clue. In the maze. "And, we are gonna bring this with us." Alejandro was holding the mechanical beeping machine in his hand as he puts it inside his harness pocket.

Heather and Alejandro slowly walk up to the entrance as the others were there. "Good luck in there and better come back soon." Zoey said as she smiled at the two. The Maze finally opens as Alejandro looked over at Heather. "Stay close, okay?" Alejandro said as Heather nodded. As the Maze fully opens, Alejandro runs inside and yelled "Let's go!". Heather looked and had a determined look.

She runs inside also and follows Alejandro. The two were running inside the Maze. Running from Right to left.

Right
Left
Left again
Straight
Right

As they continued, they have passed by Section 5, Section 6 and finally, they come to a halt.

They have arrived to Section 7.

As Heather and Alejandro looked, they started to walk. "This is it. Section 7." Alejandro said as they walked through the huge stone walls. As they did, The beeping mechanical machine started to beep.

Beep
Beep
Beep
Beep

Heather slowly noticed and pins Alejandro to the stone wall for a moment. She pulls it out of his harness pocket and looked at it. It was beeping as a red dot was lighting up on the small machine. Alejandro looked at it and says "maybe it's trying to lead us somewhere.". They continued to walk and as they did, they noticed something,

Izzy's bag and her shirt.

It was all bloody as Alejandro slowly lift it up. He and Heather slowly kneeled down to look closer as Heather says "Don't tell me that the Grievers took her.". Alejandro looked down and says "Yeah. They took her.". Izzy was a good runner but when she got stung, she hid in the woods and came out when she attacked Heather.

As a result, she was bashed into the Maze and went around to look. But unfortunately, her life was taken away. As they continued, the beeping kept going, they finally arrived at the brownish metal cutter like traps. Heather looked around as Alejandro did the same. They kept looking as the device kept beeping.

Beeping and beeping

As they kept moving, Heather spots a possible like exit. "Look!" She shouted as she points over. It was like a hallway but different. As they checked it out, the beeping device kept beeping even more. Alejandro chuckled for a bit and looked. "We need to keep checking." He said as the two walked through. It was huge and as they walked, they looked around.

"What is this." Heather asked as she looked around. Alejandro looked around still as the device beeps again. "Could be something. Maybe a exit." He said as they noticed stoned door-like passageways. They halt for a moment and looked. Then, they opened. They got confused for a moment but looked at the device.

"Wait a minute. Maybe this device might finally help us find a way out." Alejandro said as the stoned passageways opened. They walked through and as they did, they noticed a exit-like door. They were confused and got a bit closer. "Is that a exit door?" Heather asked as the Device beeped again.

"It could be. At last." Alejandro said as they two got closer to the door. Suddenly, a bright red flash hits them. It slowly scans them. As it scans them, the device stopped beeping. Suddenly, a siren goes off. Alejandro and Heather hears the siren as Alejandro suddenly realized.

Section 7 is gonna close.

"What was that!?" Heather asked as Alejandro grabbed her hand and yelled "We need to leave! Now!". He drags her as the two ran. They ran as the stoned doors closed. They made out but the metal cutter traps were gonna close also. "Alejandro! What's going on!?" Heather yelled as Alejandro yelled back "The Section is gonna close! Come on!". The two ran again as the metal traps were closing.

One by one.

"COME ON, HEATHER! WE ARE GONNA GET TRAPPED!" Alejandro yelled as the two ran. They ran in full speed as the traps were closing. Suddenly, the traps cause the two to separated. The two had no other choice but to keep running. "ALEJANDRO!!" Heather shouted as the two finally made it out of the trap.

The two reunited again but it it cut short when they saw the stone passageways rising. Suddenly, they looked up and saw the huge metal hammer-like trap. Then, it's slowly falls. But luckily, the two manages to get away and were still running. "DON'T LOOK BACK, HEATHER!" Alejandro shouted as the two kept running.

They spot a passageway that is about to close. They run through as it's slowly closing. Alejandro and Heather fell on the ground as the two managed to survive a hellish run in Section 7. Section 7 Closes as they were breathing heavily and looking at each other as they were relieved to be alive.

Alejandro then gets up and says "No time. We need to keep going.". Heather gets up slowly and says "but we almost got killed though!". She didn't have time to argue as the two kept going. Suddenly, Alejandro and Heather stopped for a moment. After entering Section 7, they approached section 5.

As the two looked, Alejandro slowly realized.

The maze is somehow solved.

Alejandro then pats his hand on her shoulder and says "Heather, I think we solved the Maze." Heather looked over at him and says "We did?". The two looked at each other and looked over at Section 5. "Wait. So if the glade is over there." Heather said as she pointed over to the right. "That means." Alejandro said as he realized even more. "We solved it." They both said at the same time.

Then, the two looked at each other again and suddenly hugged (for the Aleheather peeps hehe) and laughed for a moment.

They finally and somehow solved the maze.

As the two hugged, Heather says "We did it, didn't we?". Alejandro then says "We did. Now we need to go back and tell the others!". The two let go of the hug and run back to the glade.

(Note: there you have it, folks. This story is gonna end very soon! Just a few more chapters and it's done! "Total Drama: The Scorch Trials" is coming up soon once this ends. So stay tuned!)