Chapter 4

Heather was sitting under a tree and daylight was about to be nighttime soon. She was rubbing her head slowly as a shadow figure appeared in front of her. She looked up and it was one of the Runners, Duncan.

He has a a green Mohawk, a black shirt with a sleeved shirt underneath, dark blue pants, black hiking shoes, a spiked collar, a harness on his chest, dark brown-ish gloves on both of his hands and some piercings.

He looked down at her and slowly asked "So, you must be the newbie, right?". Heather looked up at him and slowly nodded. He smiled and says "It's nice meeting you. I'm Duncan, one of the Runners.". He offers a hand to shake and Heather shakes his hand. "First day new here, huh? I wish I was you. I was here for 3 years. Didn't know anyone but only slowly by name." He said.

"But why are we here though? Who set this up?" Heather asked as Duncan folded his arms. "We don't know but are you gonna come to the Feast? It's gonna be fun, Greenie." He said as he smiled. Heather slowly says "Yeah. I'm coming.". Duncan slowly nodded and smiled as he walked away.

Heather looked and folded her arms as daylight slowly and finally becomes night time.

It was the Feast at last as everyone was celebrating. There was a lot happening.

There was food, fire and so much more.

As everyone was celebrating, Heather was sitting in a log and watching. Jo and Brick were battling as Zoey, Mike, Brick, Cameron, Scott, Izzy, Eva, Noah, Dawn, Tyler, Harold, Bridgette, Cody, and Gwen watched. Heather was all alone on the log. As she watched, Courtney goes behind her and taps her shoulder. "Hey again, Greenie!" She said as Heather turned around.

She looked up and saw her. "It's nice seeing you again!". Courtney said as she was holding a drink. She sat down next to her and took a sip. "How's it going?". Heather looked over at her and slowly says "Going fine I guess.". Courtney looked at her and smiled. "Have you already met some new people?" She asked as Heather nodded.

"Only a few."

"This place is huge but. How the hell did you guys manage to make this like..home?"

"Hmm..I guess teamwork."

"But what about the maze? How come Geoff said to never go outside? What's inside the maze?"

"Well the Runners only know. Just to tell you, the Maze is a dangerous place. We had a few incidents inside, that's why people should never go outside the glade unless you're a runner."

"But what are the Runners..?"

Courtney slowly turned around and puts her drink down as she points at where the Runners are: Alejandro was sitting in a Log and eating, Lightning, Eva, and Tyler were beside him and watching all the fun, and Harold was battling with Jo.

"You see that guy with brown hair and a red buttoned shirt? That's Alejandro. He's the Keeper of the Runners." She said as Heather looked at him. "So when the maze opens, he and another runner goes inside to find a way out. You wanna know how long he has been doing that for?". Heather slowly nodded as she wanted to know.

"3 years." Courtney said as she softly smiled. She slowly points over at where there's two cooks. "Those two there, DJ and LeShawna, are the cooks. Just to tell you, they make good food!" She chuckled as she took a sip of her drink. Then, she slowly offers her a drink. "Drink this. It'll "grow hair"."

As Heather grabbed the drink, she took a sip and as she did, she spits it out. She coughed a bit as Courtney laughed a bit. "W-What was that?!" She asked as Courtney said "Told you! Now come on. Let me show you the cooks and med-jacks."? She and Heather got up as the two walk over to where the cooks and med-jacks are.

The Feast was still on as Courtney walks over to where the Cooks and Med-Jacks are. "DJ! LeShawna! Say hello to the newly Greenie!" Courtney said as DJ and LeShawna looked at Heather. "Well then. Hello, Suagr! Nice meeting you. I'm LeShawna." LeShawna said as Heather waved at her.

"DJ! You still have that bacon?" Courtney asked as DJ said "Yes I do!". He opens the box where the bacon is and a guy with glasses, a red hoodie, dark yellowish pants, and black hiking shoes looked at Heather and says "Oh! You must be the newbie! Nice meeting you!". He shakes her hand and says "I'm Cameron. A Med-Jack!".

"He's not the only Med-Jack! Noah, the guy over there next to Bridgette and Geoff, and Zoey! The one next to Mike." Courtney added as DJ hands Heather the piece of Bacon. "Eat it and you're gonna ask for more!" DJ said as he chuckled. As Heather grabbed the Bacon, she slowly took a bite and slowly ate it.

As she did, her taste buds went wild. She ate the bacon as Courtney, Cameron, LeShawna and DJ chuckled happily. "Now that's what I'm talking, girl!" LeShawna said as she chuckled. Heather finished eating her bacon and Courtney pats her shoulder. "It was nice talking to you guys but now, the Greenie is gonna see more."

DJ, LeShawna, and Cameron waved at the two as they leave. Courtney and Heather slowly walk around and talked. "For Newbies, we give them jobs but for you we haven't decided yet." Courtney said and as they talked, Jo throws Harold onto Heather. The two fall as Everyone cringed and cheered a bit.

"Oh! Well you look at that. It's Greenie again." Jo said as she folded her arms. Heather slowly got up as Harold said "Come on, Jo! The newbie is literally new!". Everyone looked at Heather and Jo. Suddenly, everyone starts saying "Greenie." Everyone was chatting a fight between Heather and Jo. (Ahem, you know the rivalry in TDAS between Jo and Heather..)

Soon, everyone cheered and clapped for each. "You need to take off your boots in order to battle, Greenie." Jo chuckled as Heather slowly took off her boots and puts them aside. She was now bare foot as well as Jo. Jo slowly prepares as Heather rushes towards here and pushes her as she falls.

Everyone cringed a bit as they watch the battle. As the two battle, everyone watched and cheered. "Sha-dang! Jo really battling the Sha-Greenie!" Lightning said as he chuckled. "Definitely but I bet that the Greenie will win." Alejandro said as he chuckled and folded his arms. Everyone watched and the battle was at a near end. "Same here, dude." Duncan said as he watched the battle with the two.

As Heather managed to defeat Jo, Jo comes behind her and pushes her to the ground. Heather hits her head on the ground as everyone cringed in pain. Heather land on the side of her hand and everyone slightly cheered as Heather slowly got up. Everyone watched as Heather suddenly says "I-I'm Heather." She suddenly remembered her name. Heather

Everyone looked at her.

"I remember my name! I'm Heather! My name is Heather!"

Everyone smiled and looked at each other. Geoff then shouted "Heather!"