Chapter 2

As everyone got to work, Heather was in a cage like place in the homestead. She was waiting and was all confused. She rubbed her head as people were talking. Then, a guy with a cowboy hat, blonde hair, Dark brown buttoned shirt, a fingerless glove on his left hand, dark blue pants, black hiking boots, a yellow-ish necklace came up and kneels down.

He smiled as Heather backed up a bit. "Hey hey. It's alright, Greenie." He said as he opened the wooden gate. Heather looked up at him and blinked her eyes. "My name is Geoff. I'm the leader here. What's your name?" He said as Heather rubbed her head. She was trying to remember but she struggled.

She doesn't remember.
Not at all.

"I-I..don't know what's my name." She said as her tone sounded shaky. Geoff slowly nodded and says "It's alright if you don't know. Some of us back then didn't know. But we slowly introduced. Very slowly and..here we are. It's okay if you don't know!". Heather looked at him and slowly nodded. He slowly stands up and asked "Do you want to have a tour?".

Heather looked at Geoff as She nodded. As she got out, Geoff slowly gave her a tour. "Over there, where you came out of, is the box. The supplies come here alongside a new Greenie. Today is you." He said as he looked at her and smiled. Heather looked around and fixed her clothes.

"I..How did this place become so-" she was cut off when a girl with brown hair, a white buttoned shirt, dark greenish pants, black hiking shoes, a chest harness on her chest walked over. "Hey, Geoff!" She said as Geoff smiled at her. "Hey, Geoff. Heard about the new Greenie!" She said as she placed her hands on her waist.

"Hey! Nice to meet you. Heard about you running! You could be a good runner." The girl said as she shakes Heather's hand. "This is Courtney by the way!" Geoff added as he looked at the two. Courtney was the second in command. If Geoff is out, she's in charge. Heather slowly nodded.

Heather looked around and slowly asked "Who set this up..?". Geoff and Courtney looked at her and Geoff slowly says "What you said..we don't know.". Courtney looked at her and slowly nodded in agreement. "We don't know, Greenie. But I need to get going now. I have to go get Cody so he can give you a tour, Greenie. Hopefully, I'll see you later on at the feast, you two!" She said as she walks away.

Geoff waved "bye" at her as the two saw her leave. Heather watched ad Geoff pats her shoulder. "Come on. We are heading to the lockout tree." He said as he walked over to the lockout tree. Heather follows behind him as she looked around.

The place was huge and full of people, like her.

She saw people working and looked at the maze. The Maze was still open as Geoff slowly says "I hope you aren't afraid of Heights.". He looked at her as he smiled and climbed up. Heather slowly nodded and slowly climbed behind him. Geoff was looking around. The view was nice.

Heather goes beside him and looked around the place. As she did, Geoff slowly says "I haven't told you the rules but here they are.". He looked at her and slowly says "Rule number one! Everyone does their part! No slackers.". He slowly adds "Rule number two! Never hurt another Glader. You have to trust each other.".

"And Rule number three. This one is important. I need you to listen very closely, Greenie." Geoff said as he looked at Heather. Heather looked back at him and listened.

"Never go outside the Glade." He said as He softly smiled. "Only runners like Alejandro, Brick, Duncan, Lightning, and Tyler can." He added as Heather slowly nodded. "Hey, Geoff! You need me to get the newbie a tour?" A guy with a cream colored sleeved shirt with a green and red stripe on the chest area with khaki long sleeves underneath, wearing dark blue pants, and black hiking shoes.

Geoff and Heather looked down as Geoff yelled "Cody! Hey! Yes, Did Courtney told you?". Cody was former a newbie. Arrived 5 months ago. Geoff and Heather went down as Geoff introduced Heather to him. "Greenie, this is Cody! He said as Cody was holding a duffel bag for her, with a pillow and blanket inside.

"Hey, Greenie! Looks like you are new. I have your stuff all here!" Cody said as he handed the bag to Heather. He smiled as Geoff slowly says "I need to get going now. I have to set up and help out for the feast!". Cody slowly nodded as Cody looked up at Heather and says "Come on! I have to help you sent up your bed!".

As the hours passes, It was still daylight as Heather and Cody were setting the bed up. "I been here only for.." Cody said as he groaned a bit. "6 months now!" He added as Heather looked over at the Maze. She was looking at it and rubbed her head a bit. She slowly walked to see it more as Cody slowly looked.

As he did, he stopped what he was doing as he rushes to her side. "Hey! What are you doing?" He asked as Heather slowly says "I just want to take a look again..". Cody slowly adds "I don't think you can't go in..". Heather looked down and slowly asked "Wait why?". Cody slowly stops her and says "I was told to NOT go in."

"But what is it?"

Then, the two slowly spot Alejandro and Lightning coming out the Maze. Lightning slowly noticed and chuckled. "Sha-Cody! Look at you. Giving the Greenie a Sha-Tour, huh?" He was pacing as Alejandro looked at Heather while pacing also. "Hell yeah, Lightning." Cody said as he chuckled.

Heather looked at the two and asked "Who are they?". Cody looked up at her and says "The Runners. They are the ones who are allow to go inside the Maze." Heather looked at him and asked "Maze? Wait..". Cody slowly realized and says "Wait..did I said maze..?"

(Note: here is the list of the half of half of the TD Characters who are in this Maze Runner AU Story:
Heather
Alejandro
Jo
Zoey
Mike
Brick (Soon!)
Lightning
Geoff
Bridgette (Soon!)
Cody
Sierra (Soon!)
Scott
Duncan (Soon!)
Cameron (Soon!)
Courtney
Izzy (Soon!)
Eva (Soon!)
Dawn (Soon!)
Noah (Soon!)
LeShawna (Soon!)
DJ (Soon!)
Gwen (Soon!)
Lindsay (Soon!)
Tyler (Soon!)
Jen (my TD OC I made a few days ago.(Soon!)
Harold (Soon!)
So far, the "Soon" character will appear possibly in the next chapters.)