Mayhem

The morning sun saw the Sedan of Jallauddin Mohammad at the Sisodia Haveli, Surajgarh.

"Who chooses such a picnic spot?" Shakti sulked as soon as he saw Bhaijaan. "By the way..." he lowered his voice looking around, "any news?"

"About?" Jalal frowned, acting clueless.

"Them" Shakti gestured at his brother's closed door. "Not you heard yours." Jalal met his smirk.

"They... umm... seem lost." Jalal shook his head. "Either they are in denial or plain stupid!"

"Should we..." Shakti's eyes sparkled.

"Not yet! I will tell you when to." Jalal calmed his excitement.

"Where are we off to?" Pratap stared at the duo still in his nightwear as Shakti stared at him like doom.

"What?" he stared at the duo, rather clueless.

"What's wrong with you?" came from them both simultaneously scaring him.

"Nothing!" came an unnecessary loud protest. "Why do you think something is wrong?" he frowned.

"Because Kika" Jalal placed his hand on Pratap's shoulder, as Shakti tried not to laugh, "we are all ready to leave for the picnic in like ten minutes and you are supposed to pick up the Punwars!"

"Oh no." He murmured, staring at the watch.

"Oh yes!" both shook their heads watching him dash to his room. "Now watch" Shakti smirked. "In three... two... one!"

"Ranima? Ranima? Where are my clothes?" Pratap's voice rang through the corridor making them share a hearty laugh.

"Woof! Woof!" Ajabdeh winced at the puppy licking her face while Hansa laughed.

"Kunwar Pratap ne alarm clock gift kiya hai." She smiled at Heer who couldn't help but notice her mother's over-enthusiastic voice and the top love for Brownie.

"Urgh! Brownie, get off me!" Ajabdeh pushed his mouth away as he wagged his tail playfully.

"Wake up Jija, we have a picnic remember? Kunwarsa will be here any minute now." Heer sorted the pillows and opened the curtains making Ajabdeh sit up and yawn. She reached for her phone and dialled a number.

"Ready hai?" "All set Ma'am."

"Thank You, Jalal."

Heer frowned as she disconnected with a weird smile. "What?" she shrugged at her sister's glare.

"Umm... what is that about?" She looked eager

"To be revealed soon!" Ajabdeh hugged her warmly before walking off to the shower.

"I should go ahead and see the arrangements, Kakisa." Jalal was about to take Jaivanta's leave, eyeing Pratap who was still styling his hair. Jaivanta caught his glance and

smiled. "What will I do without you Jalal? Look at this one!"

"Pratap." Jalal sounded serious as he frowned at Pratap's reflection and received a frown back.

"Aj... picnic hai... shadi nahi hai tumhara!" made Jaivanta laugh as she walked away, making Jalal run around the room, as Pratap chased him. They landed on the couch breathless and laughing.

"Remember how we used to..." Jalal started.

"Pillow fight!" Pratap threw a cushion at him and got one in return. "Kya socha?" Jalal smiled at him laughing.

"Kya?" Pratap frowned.

"You know... umm... yeh sab..."

"It will go as we planned Jalal." Pratap sat up putting the cushion aside, his face emotionless. "It will go as planned and I will end this for her sake. Kuch soch lenge..."