Almost

The Land Rover with Surajgarh's emblem stopped at the now-constructed hotel area. Kunwar Pratap walked out in his usual blue work suit, secretly cursing himself for being late on Ajabdeh's first day. He had fallen asleep and if not for Ranima walking into his chambers, and telling him it was way past his office hours, he wouldn't have managed to be here at all today. He shook his head and walked in, only to stop at the sight in front of him. What a greeting indeed!

He nodded, approving the employees who greeted his presence, eyes fixed on the spot. Ajabdeh, in a white self embroidered kurti, denim and a multicoloured scarf around her neck had bunned up her hair with a pencil as a pin and looked rather simple, in her work 'avatar'. She had a pen tugged in between her lips as she checked out a file, Rukaiya was waiting for her approvals on the final designs of the interiors, and holding the file was none other than Shallavan Tanwar who looked extremely happy at Ajabdeh. He frowned and walked up to them rather quickly. Ruqaiya was the first to spot him there and greeted him with a smile. He eyed Tanwar at his greeting and Ajabdeh dismissed his presence altogether.

"Okay, this seems fine." Taking the pen out from between her lips she signed the papers.

"Oh Hi." She stared like she hadn't seen him there and suddenly a worry swept across her face "Brownie?"

"He is fine with Ranima, nothing to worry about." He spoke genuinely. "So what is this?" "My review." Tanwar smiled "From Ajabdeh."

"What..." Pratap frowned clueless to be intervened with Ajabdeh's "Where is Shakti?"

"He had gone to Delhi with Ranaji, they will be back tomorrow morning." made her frown. In that large mahal, without Shakti, seemed like Trouble with a big T with this one, looking so.... Handsome?!

"But what review?" He frowned again at Tanwar. Ruqaiya noticed his glares and walked away with a smile.

"I have finished my job, and she approved of the restorations and hence today is my last day, her review will help me later." He didn't ask me for a review! His last words

however made Pratap smile a genuine smile. "The rest is Rukaiya's work!" Tanwar added.

"Great, thank you." Pratap shook hands with the man "So when are you leaving?" Tanwar looked confused as Ajabdeh frowned "Not so soon ha?"

"Why not?" Tanwar would have asked the same but Pratap was quick with a frown.

"Aree, it's his farewell, and he's done a fabulous job!" Ajabdeh shrugged looking around. "Party toh banta hai!"

"Aree nahi nahi...." Tanwar looked awkward as Pratap glared at the girl rather disapprovingly.

She dismissed his stares with "Share a booze with us at least, invite him na Kunwarsa?" Her last words were sure to make Pratap choke at Kunwarsa but he was more concerned about the man in question as of now.

"I am sure that he has ... umm... lots of work pending back home to go back to..." "Yes, I..." Tanwar knew this man was not interested by now.

"Aree! Tomorrow is a Sunday! Idea." Her gleeful eyes scared the men a little "Why don't we accompany him to Udaipur for a night at the Pub and we will head back here! Ruqaiya can call Jalal too!" She seemed excited "Huh? Haa?"

"I... " Pratap wanted to find a quick excuse in vain. "Okay." He gave in to her excitement.

"Great Mr. Tanwar, we have your farewell party! From the Boss" She didn't notice the two men stare at each other rather awkwardly as she walked off saying "I need to check Ruqaiya's designs!"

Pratap stood in front of the mirror, being helped by one of the servants. He had chosen a rather ordinary-looking grey casual shirt with his denim and was inspecting his boots. Putting on the watch he stared at his reflection. Not in a desperate attempt to impress, the attire looked perfectly sexy as it clung to his well-shaped body. Setting his hair right, in a not-too-playful way, he picked up the constantly ringing phone.