the cook joins

"Moss-head!" she jumped on him quickly.
"I thought you would die, but look at you, you're alive!" celebrated the chestnut, not wanting to separate herself from her friend.

Luffy standing beside her.

"Yes. . . but, it still hurts," he reminded her, letting out a small whimper.

"What do I care! You deserve it for worrying me," she told him sternly, hitting his shoulder roughly.

Cassidy got up from the green haired swordsman and stood beside her captain. Zoro inhaled deeply and looked at Luffy.

"I, Roronoa Zoro. . . vow to stand by your side from now until the end. Until we find the One Piece or die trying."

Cassidy looked at the swordsman and smiled while Luffy had a proud grin.

"So bring on the marines or pirates or sea beasts," Zoro pumped his fist and put of Luffy's chest.
"You're my captain, Luffy, and I'm your first mate."

Luffy grabbed Zoro's fist while Cassidy walked towards the duo.

"Zoro!" Usopp exclaimed happily, entering the room behind his sister.
"To be honest, I didn't even worry," Usopp said nonchalantly, shrugging his shoulders.

"He's alive!" Luffy celebrated now, raising Zoro's arm strongly.

The swordsman let out a loud moan and both Cassidy and Luffy walked away.

"I'll tell you. I told them, you better not mess with us" Usopp commented.

"Yes!"

"Boom! Boom! Uhh! Ping!" the sniper exclaimed, simulating blows.

Cassidy laughed.

"I sent them swimming for their lives," Usopp assured.

"They were very scared, right? Surely seeing Cassidy angry is not that fun," she glanced askance at her friend, who put his arms on her hips and puffed out her chest, showing airs of superiority.

"Don't mess with the great captain Usopp and his vice-captain Cassie!" stated the swordsman.

"And? What do we do now? Go to the Grand Line?"

"Nope," the captain quickly denied.

"But I thought we were going for One Piece," he spoke somewhat confused.

"That's right. But we can't do it without the whole crew," Cassidy looked down, still feeling a little guilty.

"If you apologize, I'll sell you to the marines," the swordsman whispered and Cassie laughed a little.

"They still aren't looking for my head, moss-head."

"Let's go find Nami," Luffy smiled, putting on his straw hat.

The entire crew looked at each other with big smiles. They were willing to find her navigator and get her back at any cost.

━♡

"There's a lot of dried meat in these barrels," Usopp complained, setting the barrel on the ground.
"Don't you think it's too much?"

"Do you know who you are sailing with?" Zoro asked, pointing to the captain.

Usopp nodded.

"Hey, it’s ready, look!" Cassidy extended a tray full of cookies toward his crew.
"At least I know how to cook."

"Uh-uh! I want to try," Luffy took four cookies and quickly put them in his mouth, making Cassie laugh.

"Makdjsjdj!" the captain stated, raising his thumb.

"I'm glad you like them," she smiled.

"Heard you guys need a cook?" Cassidy put a cookie in her mouth just when she heard that voice.

"Yeah! Yes, we do!"  stated the captain.
"Cassie, I have nothing against your delicious cookies, but I don't think that will fill our stomachs," said Luffy.

Luffy welcomed the cook aboard the ship as the later walked towards the deck.

Cassidy ran up to the cook and hugged him.

"Uh. . . ah, sorry," she separated instantly, somewhat embarrassed.
"Welcome aboard, curlies," she patted his shoulder friendly.

He smiled at her and walked away from her, but not before caressing her archer's brown hair.

But someone didn't seem very happy.

"Welcome aboard," the swordsman repeated in a high-pitched voice.
"Why are we bringing the waiter? ━ he complained.

"Because we can't boil water," Usopp replied.
"And also because he is Cassidy's boyfriend," he joked.

"Shut up!" They both said in unison, causing the shooter to laugh.

Cassidy tied her hair in a high ponytail and sat on the stairs, enjoying her last cookie.

"Hey, Sanji!" the brunette turned around out of inertia, observing old Zeff.
"You keep your feet dry!"  he suggested.

"Goodbye, Zeff!"

Sanji was about to walk away, but he turned around and spoke again.

"You know, all these years, living under your shitty roof, cooking at your shitty restaurant. . ." he held back his tears.
"I owe you my life!" but Zeff couldn't stand it and started crying from afar.

"Thank you for putting up with my shit all these years, old man. I will never forget you, Zeff!" he sobbed.

"I hate goodbyes," Cassie whispered, getting up from the stairs.

The brunette approached the blonde and put her arm on his shoulders, then looked at Zeff.

"I'll take good care of him, old man!" she gave him a thumbs up, followed by a smile.

"I'm giving him to you, brat!" the elder cook said goodbye.

Cassidy waved her hand and then looked at the blonde, who had small tears running down his cheeks. She reached out to him and wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him into a warm embrace.

Sanji buried his head between the brunette's shoulder and neck, hugging her waist tightly. They both held each other's arms, while Cassidy caressed her blonde locks.

Usopp had a mocking smile, Luffy looked at them blankly, and Zoro raised an eyebrow.