cassidy's bipolarity

A little eight-year-old Cassidy looked to the side of her, right where a redhead was sitting. He smiled warmly at her and brought the palm of his hand towards the youngest's brown strands, touching her hair with affection.

Her eyes remained fixed on that smile that the man gave her and she couldn't help but form one with her lips. It was clear that she didn't know him, but she felt as if that redhead was her closest friend. She raised her hand to rest it on the man's, who widened his smile. Cassidy parted her lips, ready to speak.

But the words didn't come out. She felt thousands of feelings in her chest, but she couldn't express them. She felt that she could not speak, just when the man spoke.

"You are identical to your mother, daughter," he finally expressed, giving her one of his radiant smiles.

Cassidy frowned.

The brunette opened her eyes quickly and stood up abruptly, feeling her breathing quicken. She rested her hand on her chest and tried to stay calm. She looked around her cabin and looked at Nami, who was sleeping peacefully.

She rubbed her eyes tiredly and grabbed her blanket, placing it over her shoulders. She began to walk out of the cabin until she reached the deck of the ship. She looked up at the sky, which was only illuminated by moonlight and a few stars.
She rested her elbows on the deck and enjoyed the sea, then let out a big sigh.

"Who are you, redhead?" she murmured to herself, closing her eyes tightly.

Several days ago, Cassidy couldn't stop dreaming about that red-haired man, whose face was totally unknown to her.
Over and over again, that man told her that he was her father, but they were just dreams.

She took a deep breathe and let out a big sigh instantly, rubbing her arm.

"Cass, hey, Cass," the aforementioned turned around, finding her crew's cook approaching her cautiously.

"Ah. . . Sanji," she whispered, somewhat confused.
"Why are you not asleep?" she furrowed her eyebrows.

"I have to be on guard, what about you?" he ran her thumb over Cassidy's cheek.
"It's too late and it's cold, baby."

"I know, it's just. . ." she sighed, looking down.

She mentally hesitated whether to tell him about her dreams. It doesn't matter, it's nothing.

"Honey, you know you can tell me anything," Sanji kissed the tip of her nose, and then went back to caressing his girlfriend's cheek with a smile.

"I was having strange. . . dreams," the brunette confessed.
"About a man who claims to be my father, it's completely crazy because I don't even remember his face, just that he was a pirate."

Sanji kept his gaze fixed on Cass's eyes, listening to her carefully.

"Sanji, what if my father is a horrible and profiteering pirate? Maybe someone evil and with a very bad reputation, that is, his reputation is already bad for being a pirate, but by evil I mean him as a person, will he be someone with a good heart? Because I would hate him if he was a. . ."

Cassidy's words were interrupted by Sanji's hand, which was placed on her lips, silencing her.

"Cass, honey. You don't have to get frustrated thinking that. Whether your father is good or not, that will not change the fact that you are his daughter, because unfortunately, we cannot choose our parents," the shine in his eyes faded and the caresses on Cassidy's skin stopped.

"I'm sorry, I. . . I didn't want you to remember your father, if you had problems with him I didn't want you to remember him. I'm sorry, San─" the blonde pressed her lips against Cass's thin ones, kissing her slowly.