arlong park

Cassidy ran towards her friend the moment she saw her on the ground with her shoulder bloody from the recent wound she gave herself. Her expression fell when she heard the orange-haired girl's sob.

She rested his palm on his head, right where her captain's hat now sat. Nami turned to look at her.

"Cassie, what. . ." the brunette smiled and hugged her tightly, hiding her head in the crook of her neck.

Nami, somewhat trembling, went around her friend's back and hugged her back.

"Forgive me for not finding you sooner, Namimin. . ." Cassidy whispered, caressing her back.

Nami broke down and hugged her friend even tighter, because yes, she finally found a friend.

"Now come on, I'll heal your arm and we'll kick that Arlong guy," she separated from her and dried her tears, then smiled at her.

"You are my friend and I love you."

"I love you too, Cassie," she smiled as best as she could, still with tears in her eyes.

"Did you hear, Soppi?! Namimin said I love you! You owe me five thousand berries!" she celebrated the chestnut, hearing the tiny laugh of her navigator.

━♡

Cassidy extended the small bucket towards Usopp, who filled it with water and extinguished a small mountain of remains that was still burning. They both sighed in relief and high-fived.
They turned around and returned to their companions when the villagers from Coco Village arrived on the scene.

"What are they doing here?" Nami asked."

"Nojiko told us about your sacrifice," the scarred man responded.
"We didn't know. Do you think you can forgive us?"

"There is nothing to forgive. The Coco village is my home too," said the navigator, holding back tears.

"It's our turn to sacrifice ourselves. We're already tired of living in fear," she spoke firmly.

"Let's march to Arlong Park. If those fish men want to fight. . ."

"It's not a fight, it's a massacre. Everyone will die," Nami interrupted.

"If there is no hope of buying our freedom, then I say we have to die fighting for it," he said again and everyone let out a shout of affirmation.

"No. No, everyone calm down!" the navigator stopped them.
"No, I'm not going to let them do that. This is my fight."

"No," the captain intervened.
"It's our fight. Or not, guys?" he looked at his crew.

"Finally I get to cut something," the swordsman responded.

"How are we going to beat Arlong?" Usopp mentioned.
"We saw what he did at Baratie."

"Everyone has a weakness," Roronoa interrupted.

"What if they are bulletproof?" Usopp asked again tremblingly.

"I'll know when I see it," said Luffy.
"And, when I do. . . I won't hesitate."

Cassidy smiled.

I chose my captain well─ the brunette thought, holding her bow on her back.

"So what are we waiting for?" the archer interrupted.
"Let's kick those fishmen's asses! Come on, Soppi," she encouraged her friend, who was still afraid.

━♡

Sanji put his arm in front of Cassidy, who frowned, looking at him out of the corner of her eye.