Stollen stuffie

Prompt: Wednesday gets stressed and steels one of Enid's stuffed animals while she is out with friends because it smells like her.

Shorter than Jenna.

Wednesday lay on her bed, staring up at the ceiling. What was going on? Her chest felt like it was sinking into the mattress below her, her lungs flashing hot every time she thought about leaving the room. The halls were crowded, some family's having chosen to come to Nevermore to stay with their kids instead of just taking them home, and it was loud. So. Damn. Loud.

The door to the dorm opened, letting a new wave of sound in as Enid rushed past, opening a drawer in her desk. She took out a notepad, closing it again. "I'm gonna go hang out with Yoko and her parents," she gushed, running out before Wednesday could ask why she had a notepad.

Attempting to compose herself, Wednesday tried taking a deep breath, but found that just made her more agitated. Everything was almost overwhelming in a way. She wanted Enid to come back, lay down with her like she normally did when Wednesday found herself in this state, but no, she hadn't even let her tell her.

Wednesday stood up, walking over to Enid's side of the room. She lay down on her girlfriends bed, pressing her face into the familiar smelling pillow. Right beside her was Flop, a very mangled stuffed polar bear that Enid claimed to have had since two. Wednesday had never felt a particular draw to the lump of stuffing, but she found herself pulling him close to her chest, his stuffed paws resting against her chest. 

Knowing she couldn't stay in Enid's bed forever, Wednesday grabbed one of her blankets and Flop, taking them to her side. As she normally preferred to be cold, her duvet was fairly thin, so having the warm blanket wrapped around her as she lay there was quite comforting. 

Before she realised it, she was fast asleep. 

                                                                      *ੈ✩‧₊˚༺☆༻*ੈ✩‧₊˚

"Wednesday," someone shook her shoulder, a warm hand brushing across her forehead. "It's dinnertime, are you awake?" 

No she very clearly was not, she was comfortable, and warm. "No." 

"Okay, you don't need to come to dinner, but can you look at me for a moment?" The bed creaked as the other person sat down. 

Wednesday felt herself yawn as she opened her eyes, seeing Enid's torso almost directly in front of her face. "What do you want Sinclair." 

"I was just wondering if you were okay. I came back from Yoko's and you were almost falling off the bed...and you're holding Flop like he's your lifeline."

Wednesday felt blush fly to her cheeks. "Well maybe I wouldn't be if you had stayed long enough to let me talk to you." 

"You actually wanted to talk? That's a first."

Wednesday groaned, wishing Enid would make this a little less difficult. "I just wanted a damn hug or something." Ew. 

Enid lay down next to her, still barley touching. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, I just..." 

"Were you stressing again? There's a lot of people here this week." Damn Enid knowing her so well. 

Wednesday sighed, throwing an arm over Enid's back. "It's loud." 

"I know," Enid rubbed the back of her neck, dropping a kiss on her forehead. "I'm sorry for not staying to talk, but next time just tell me to stop when I come in, okay? I won't be mad."

"Okay."