Reason Eight ; III

HIS COLOGNE FILLED YOUR SENSES. You felt as Levi's hand slowly travelled beneath your thigh, stabilising you against him. You pulled away for just a second, hooking your legs around his torso; his muscular arms held onto you tighter.

You ventured above buildings; above trees; above strangers.

His fingers dug into you without realising, loudly speaking over the whistles of the wind: "Oi, you okay?"

"Yes.. fine." You struggled to speak over your racing heart.

A small smirk began to form against the corner of his lip, feeling your chest against his: "We're almost there, don't worry.."

You felt your body pull away from his once more, your fingers clasped against the back of his neck protectively: "I'm not worrying." You sternly replied.

His pupils stayed locked onto yours.

Your heart raced quicker; you felt your chest tighten at the way his eyes became dimmer as the world around you became shadowed with the night. His eyes began to light up with silver stairs, shadowed by his soft, charcoal-coloured hair.

Levi forced his eyes to look away: he swallowed nervously.

"Hold.. onto me tighter." He ordered.

You did as you were told, once again clinging tightly to his body as he finally skidded to a halt. You stayed clutched tightly to him as his feet firmly planted on the concrete ground, still holding you close.

Levi's hand let go of your thigh, yet one still stayed against your waist.

He raised his finger tips to tilt your chin up, averting your gaze from the ground, "Are you okay?"

You didn't respond.

His brow arched, "You're.. shaking, Y/N."

You snapped back into reality as your arms swiftly released from his broad shoulders, realising just how close you had been holding him, "I-.. I'm good. Sorry, Levi.."

He scoffed with a hint of a smirk against the edge of his lip, "There's no need for you to apologise.." Levi's voice had never sounded softer to you: he'd never seemed just genuine, "You're safe with me. Always."

Levi hesitated, his greying eyes softening at what you'd said; a hue of light-pink took over his pale cheeks and nose as his brows furrowed together, frustrated at his own thoughts that penetrated his mind. Your heart skipped a beat at the sight of his 'blush'.

You took a few moments to look around and take in your surroundings as realised where you were.

"We're.. on top of the wall?" You asked him.

"I told you," Levi's long fingers buckled around his gear to unhook it from his waist, "I want to watch the stars - and what better place than here?"

Levi sat himself down comfortably on the concrete before gesturing for you to do the same beside him.

You felt your expression ease at the sight of him as he laid himself down; 'He looks so peaceful..' You thought to yourself. dreamily watching him as you took a step closer every second, 'His black hair is out of his face, and the stars are reflecting off of his eyes..'

"What're you looking at?" Levi asked you, not even needing to look to feel you staring at him.

You gulped; "Nothing! Nothing at all.."
You laid down beside him, trying to breathe slowly and deeply to cure your racing heart.

"Y/N?" Levi groaned your name slightly, resting his fingers beside yours, "Do you want to talk?"

"About what?"

Levi scoffed with a hint of a smirk, "About everything.. about nothing. About anything."

And so you did.

Hours passed you both, but it felt like seconds.

You lifted your hands into the air, acting as though your fingers were caressing the stars. You felt oddly at peace, your once-tense muscles being allowed to relax on the cold walls that protected your home.

There was a cold breeze they flew straight through as Levi and you talked for hours more, asking eachover questions - some of which neither of you even knew the answers to.

"So," You began a new conversation, seeing as he turned his head to face you in the corner of your eye, "I have a question."

"Shoot me."

You smirked as your teeth reflected off of the full moon: "Who is Captain Ackerman?"

Levi's eyes snapped open: alert and wide by your question.

He clenched his sharp jaw that was deepened by the dark sky above as his teeth clamped together: "I'm still not used to being called that, you know." Levi scowled, "Most people still just call me Levi, but whenever someone calls me Ackerman I get caught of guard. It takes me a few seconds to even realise they're talking to me."

You turned your head to face him as he did the same. You could feel the tips of your noses touching, with your lips just a couple of inches apart.

"How did you find out?"

Levi half-closed his solemn eyes, glancing down at your lips before inhaling a sharp breath. He swallowed before locking his eyes with you: "I.. don't want to talk about that right now." His tired voice softened into barely a whisper, "Let's not waste this night talking about my fucked-up family, huh?"

You laughed, "Or mine, for that matter."

The edges of his lips softly turned up as he nodded in agreement.

You averted your gaze back up to the sky, your pupils gazing at the stars freckled on the black abyss.

Although, you could still feel his silver eyes gazing at you, refusing to look away for even a second. They fixated on each feature of your face: analysing each centimetre of your complexion as his heart began to race.

"You know," Levi relaxed his face, "When I first saw you again, during that mission you saved me from the abnormal," You turned your cheek to face him as he carried on speaking, "I couldn't recognise you.. not one bit. From the way you looked at me, to the way you spoke.." He maintained eye contact, refusing to look away, "But right now.. right at this second: I feel the same way about you as I felt four years ago, Y/N L/N."

You felt practically unable to breathe, your lips parting but nothing but air came out.

"I'm just saying, we were good together, weren't we?" His eyes glanced down towards your lips as he inched himself slightly closer, "When we really loved each other.. it felt so good."

You felt weak to him: "I can't argue against that."

Levi lifted his hand to caress your cheek, his fingertips tracing along your cheekbone. His thumb swayed in up and down motions against your skin.

"Maybe.." Levi whispered against your lips, "Maybe we could learn to feel good again."

Your eyes widened, "Are.. you saying we have a chance-"

"Maybe."