Reason Six ; II

YOU STOOD BACK, just as Levi ordered you to, as he poured the batter into the pan. He let the pancakes cook, his eyes focused on it completely as to not over or undercook it.

After a couple of minutes, he proudly displayed two perfectly round pancakes on a plate. Levi had a confident expression as he placed the plate down, along with a fork.

He gestured out his hand, "Try it."

You did as you were told, instantly feeling a release of serotonin as the fluffy pancake touched your tongue, "Oh my god!" You exclaimed as he began to relax, "Levi, this is amazing.."

Levi smiled widely, bathing in the happiness of your face as you enjoyed his creation.

You cut a piece of the fluffy pancake off with the edge of your silver utensil before pushing the tongs of the fork inside. You lifted the piece of pancake with your fork before leaning it towards him.

Levi's eyes widened, "Eh-.. what are you doing?"

"Have a taste!"

"Y/N.." He scowled, shaking his head away: "I don't have a sweet tooth.."

You rolled your eyes, standing up: "Come on.. just one bite. Please?"

He sighed, "You can be so insistent sometimes.."

He hesitated, his left eyebrow raised before finally leaning forward. You lifted the fork up to his mouth; his soft, cherry-pink lips parted as he took a bite. Levi's dark pupils stared into yours as he pulled away from the fork you were holding; his expression softened as he ate the piece of pancake you had made together.

"We should cook together more often." Levi subtly smiled, tilting his head down: "Hey, I have a question."

"Hit me."

"Why are you awake this late at night, anyway?"

You began to eat the pancake, "I was up all night working and I got hungry.."

"So I gather you're feeling better now?" He asked as you nodded; he began to clean the pan and bowl you had used to make the batter.

"Yes.. thankyou for the other day, Levi." Your eyes bashfully glanced away, "The tea really helped: the honey soothed my throat so much."

"Im glad you're feeling better.. I was worrying about you." Levi positioned himself on the other side of the counter-top, "So, how are you finding it back here anyway?"

"What do you mean?" You raised an eyebrow, unsure on what he was referring to.

He clicked his tongue, "Are you enjoying being back at the barracks?"

You shrugged.

"Don't give me that." Your eyes locked onto his for a few moments before you looked back down at the pancake, "Come on, how are you finding it?"

"Well, I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss being stationed with Lord Wald sometimes. I miss some of the people there, especially."

"People?" Levi squinted, rolling his sleeves up to his forearms as he began to scrub the bowl: "Like who? Your boyfriend?"

"Boyfriend?" You scoffed, "What boyfriend?" You turned your body to face him, your waist against the counter top as he tilted his head, "Is that your way of asking me if I'm single?"

Levi leant over your shoulder with a disapproving stare in his eyes, despite still having the same smirk as before still on his lips, "Arrogance isn't a good look on you."