Reason four ; II

THE CITY'S CHATTERING FILLED THE SILENCE AS YOUR EYES STARED IN AWE AT THE SCENERY; golden street lamps oozed their lights onto the stone-paths you treaded on.

The early-evening had soon arrived as you and Hange still searched for the right suit-jacket.

The orange in the sky had been replaced with a deep, ebony black: it was covered in bright, silver, freckle-like stars. The moon cascaded a mist on the canals that ran through the main town that people rode on to travel between the walls. You could hear the water gently splash and ripple with the light-wind dancing in the air; a street-band quietly played in the distance.

Shopping for Hange was admittedly more difficult than expected, although you enjoyed making them try on outfits - despite their obvious frustration whenever you told them that you could find something better in another shop. Even when you were just Cadets, Hange had loathed shopping: especially when it came to clothes.

With one last shop to try, you opened the door to a fashionable boutique.

You turned your shoulder, glancing Hange up and down: you gave them a condescending glare.
"What?" Hange innocently asked you as you slowed down your pace to match theirs.

"Where's your usual enthusiasm?" You smirked, "You're usually at least ten times as more chatty than this. Normally I can never get you to shut up."

"I'm just.. lost in my own thoughts, that's all."

"Oh?"

They sighed with a faint chuckle, you watchedtheir black expression immediately fade into a subtle smile: "I'm glad that we get more chance to be.. just the two of us again." Hange Zoë admitted, "We've really not had enough time since you returned."

"Hange-.."

"What?"

"We're together every single day."

"And that's not enough!" Hange placed their hand on their chest as you softly giggled, "Besides.. it's always us and other Scouts. Not to mention: we're working. When was the last time we went out for drinks.." Their eyes lit up, "Or went out dancing?"

"I guess you're right.." You hesitated, "You have always been a good dancer, too."

"I like to stay prepared," The edge of their lips cocked up into a subtle smirk, "Especially when it involves dancing with pretty-girls like you."

You felt yourself chuckle slightly, despite beginning to feel your cheeks again heat at their words.
Your fingers traced down the dents of their wrist, buckling around their palm to lead them to the suit-section of the store.

Hange's skin felt warm as you held onto their wrist, before you slowly felt it slip downwards, their fingers tracing over your skin before tightly entwining them with yours.

You felt your body heat up at the feeling of Hange's hand holding tightly onto yours. Similarly as to how you had felt the previous night - confusion took over your mind.

You swallowed nervously.

Your eyes lit up at the sight of of vibrant and dull colours at the edge of the store, instantly slipping away from their grasp to analyse the different jackets and pieces of clothing inside.

"So." You clearly spoke out from across the store, "What do you want? Something eye-catching? Something subtle?"

"You can do whatever you want to me." They answered nonchalantly.

You scoffed, shaking your head: "I'm surprised that you're so trusting of me."

"Well, I'm curious to see what you've got."