Reason Eight ; II

THE NIGHT SWIFTLY ARRIVED. You lurked through the corridors of the dark-night with your hand tightly clasped around Levi's wrist. He held onto you protectively, keeping you close by with urgency in his eyes.

"Captain Ackerman." You heard a strangers voice begin as Levi squeezed your hand, "What.. are you doing with your gear on?"

You watched Levi sigh with relief as he realised it wasn't anyone important as he began to engage in a short conversation with a low-ranking soldier.

You squinted, sucking in your cheeks as you whispered to yourself: "Captain.. Ackerman?"

You remembered Levi telling you that he never knew his last name: he was 'just Levi'.

Levi began to lead you away once more, murmuring under his breath tiredly: "That was close." As he realised he had risked getting caught attempting to
leave after curfew with a possible weapon.

Captain Levi was wearing a loosely fitted shirt that was unbuttoned at the top, and a waist-coat that was fitted around his waist and shoulders, highlighting his figure. As well as a navy, blue jacket that pronounced the muscle definition in his shoulders and arms.

His hands were placed in the pockets of his black trousers as he opened the door for you both to leave the barracks.

Levi let out a deep sigh, scratching the back of his head as you both walked through the wooded area that you had to go through to get to the Main Town - only considering how secluded the Barracks were.

His fingers would brush against yours ever so often as a shiver ran up your spine with each touch.

Levi talked quietly and calmly under his breath as your eyes locked onto his sharp side-profile. He talked of horoscopes; or stars; or planets; you had no idea he was so informed on the topic, but it didn't surprise you considering how often he read.

Your face eased at the sound of his calm, deep voice speaking.

The town was empty, almost appearing abandoned if it weren't for the gentle, somber music being played by a distant band. The soft guitar blocked out the silence, adding liveliness to the desolate streets.

"So," You finally plucked up the courage to ask, "Where are you taking me, Captain?"

Levi began to speak, his tired voice sultry with a rasp at the end, "Aren't I allowed to surprise you?" He asked with a smirk, flashing you his pearly teeth.

You looked up at the dark, silvery sky, a small gasp escaping from your lips as Levi glanced over at you: "The sky really does look beautiful tonight," You admitted timidly, "So full of stars.. it's perfect."

His eyes were glued onto you, his smile softening slowly, "It really does look perfect.. doesn't it?" He sighed, "Come on," He snapped himself out of his thoughts whilst shaking his head, "I'm taking you somewhere we'll get an even better view."

"But where-?"

You felt his muscular arm entwine with yours, gesturing towards a small staircase at the side of an old watch-shop that had been closed for years.

You felt your chest tighten with unease and deja-vu, your mind filled with curiousness over what he was about to do that would require his ODM gear. You swallowed nervously, attempting to speak but nothing managed to escape from your lips.

His cherry-pink lips curled into a faint smile before extending his arm, his fingers swiftly lacing around yours as he began to lead you to where he wanted to take you. His fingers were slender and warm; protectively tight around yours - his touch brought you comfort without even trying.

Your other hand clasped against his wrist as he picked up speed: you struggled to match his surprisingly fast pace. You could feel the veins in his arms and wrist as your fingers tightened around him.

You both made your way up a set of tall, metal, ebony stairs that snaked up the watch shop, slowly stepping closer and closer to the rooftop. Each stair rattled beneath your feet.

He finally dragged up to the bricked roof of the nameless building as your eyes swiftly began to admire the view that ranged from miles around.

Forests of emerald green; villages; the golden hue of the sunset sunset; the tall wall that loomed around you; you could see every detail of Paradis from that view. You felt your lips ease into a care-free smile as your fingers slipped away from his.

You stepped forward, his fingers lace around his gear behind you.

"Is this where we're stargazing?" You softly spoke, gazing at Levi from over your shoulder, "The view is lovely from up here. But what did we need the gear for?"

His eyes stayed averted to his silver gear, "We're not stopping here." He coldly replied as you felt your brow perk, "I just needed somewhere high to jump from."

He smirked at the look of horror on your face. Captain Levi scoffed before you felt his body become now just an inch away from you: your senses heightened.

"Come on, we've done this before. You know the drill."

His fingers slowly raised, tracing along your waist. He had a confident expression on his pretty face, his chin raised with the edge of his lip slightly tilting upwards.

"Four years ago," He began as you tasted his minty breath on your lips, "We travelled on my gear to go see that waterfall." You flinched at Levi's touch, feeling his dark eyes slowly trickle up to stare into yours, "You said that you trust me. That still counts right now, right?"

You swallowed, "I-.." You began to hesitate, before closing your eyes, "Yes. I still trust you, Levi."

"I'm glad."

His other hand slowly travelled against the other side of your hip, tightly holding you; Levi pulled your body close against him, his chest pressing tightly against yours. You could feel every warm breath exhale from his soft lips and travel against your neck.

His knee slowly travelled in between your thighs, holding your figure even tighter against his.

"Put your arms around my shoulders." He ordered against your neck, his face buried in your shoulder as you felt shots of adrenaline course fiercely through your veins.

You did as he said, holding him closer against you.

"Are you ready?" He whispered; you replied with another nod.

And then,

he jumped.

You inhaled a sharp gasp as your body suddenly soared, unable to see what was infront of you as Levi steered the way. Your body clung to his tightly, able to feel his heartbeat through his chest.

Despite being so far off the ground, you felt safe in Levi's arms.