douze - grounded

sunlight filtered through the lace curtains, casting delicate patterns on the wooden floor. maeve sat cross-legged on the worn rug, a half-finished essay written on the notepad in her lap, her brown hair cascading around her like a waterfall. angel, her long, golden hair cascading down her back, sat on the small sofa, her fingers idly tracing patterns on the cushion.

"hey, maeve?" angel began, her voice soft and contemplative.

maeve looked up from her essay, her brown eyes meeting angel's with a curious glint. "yep? what's up?"

angel hesitated for a moment, her eyes filled with uncertainty. "do you want to do my hair for me?"

maeve raised an eyebrow, her lips quirking into a playful smile. "how so?"

a faint blush tinged angel's cheeks as she spoke. "well, you know, like a fun, subtle change. maybe dye the tips or something."

maeve's chuckle filled the caravan, a warm and comforting sound. "why are you making it sounds like a dirty secret?"

angel shrugged, her gaze fixed on the floor. "i guess i just want to try something new. life is too short to have boring hair, right?"

maeve's grin widened, and she set aside her sketchpad. "you couldn't be more right. and lucky for you, i happen to have some hair dye."

angel's eyes shone in delight. "you do? what colors do you have?"

maeve reached behind a small shelf and retrieved two bottles of hair dye- one pink and the other purple. "i've got pink or purple. take your pick. unless you want to use bleach and go platinum."

"ha, ha, ha," angel examined the bottles with interest, contemplating her options. "hmm, purple sounds fun. let's go with that."

maeve nodded in agreement, her fingers gently cupping angel's cheek. "purple it is, then. but before we begin, we should make sure we protect your clothes and the furniture. wouldn't want any purple stains."

they spent a few minutes carefully draping old towels over the sofa and securing a protective cape around angel's shoulders. maeve, meticulous in her preparations, mixed the dye to achieve the perfect shade of purple. angel watched with fascination, her anticipation growing with each passing moment.

with everything in place, angel took a seat on a low stool in the center of the caravan, her blonde hair tumbling around her shoulders. maeve, with a determined and focused expression, began to apply the vibrant purple dye to the tips of angel's hair. the contrast between the golden locks and the striking color created a beautiful look.

as maeve worked her magic, the atmosphere in the caravan was filled with a sense of intimacy and trust. angel closed her eyes, allowing herself to relax in maeve's capable hands. she felt the brush of maeve's fingers against her hair, the coolness of the dye against her strands, and the warmth of maeve's presence beside her.

finally, maeve finished applying the dye and stepped back, admiring her handiwork. she wiped her hands on a cloth and then reached out to gently cup angel's face. "there you go, angel. you look incredible."

angel opened her eyes, her heart swelling with appreciation. "thank you, my love."

maeve leaned in, her lips brushing against angel's in a tender kiss. "no problem."

as the dye set, they snuggled together on the sofa, wrapped up in the soft embrace of the caravan's interior. angel marveled at the transformation taking place within her-not just in her hair, but in her relationship with maeve.

the next morning angel and maeve got ready for school before walking in together.

"angel, oh, my god." otis said when he saw her walking into school with maeve. "you're okay, thank god." he hugged her, making her pat his back awkwardly. "mum's been worried sick. can't get ahold of you."