二十 | Calm Before The Storm

3rd person pov

They got back to the headquarters and the insect hashira treated their wounds.
After the treatment, the hashiras also including the sea demon gathered together and waited for their master to come. Mitsuri and Muichiro explained them what happened without going to much into detail.

"I envy you. How come you encounter the upper moons all the time?" Sanemi mumbled but enough for everyone to hear, "and why you're wearing Kanrojis uniform?"

"I couldn't wear my dress anymore, so Mitsuri lend me her clothes." Ayuna answered, "and maybe I'm just lucky."

"What happened to your old dress?" Giyu asked.

Muichiro: "She got herself almost killed again."

Ayuna gasped and looked at the mist hashira with a mix of hurt and offended look not believing he just betrayed her. They agreed to not to say a word.

"Why are you surprised, I never agreed." Muichiro said calmly.

Before the sea demon could say anything back to him, she got interrupted with the questionings of her friends.

"But I'm fine now!" Ayuna tried to argue back but failed since it was all hashiras vs one demon.

Fortunately, Amane and Kagaya Ubuyashiki came, so everyone bowed and went quiet.
They talked about the demon slayer marks, and Mitsuri embarrassed herself because she couldn't explain herself so the sea demon patted her back to comfort her. Thankfully, Muichiro gave the detail and they were planing a hashira training.

"Also, we're going to meet someone who might help us during the fight." the head of the demon slayer corps began, "they are also a demon."

"More fellows!" Ayuna clapped her hands in excitement while her tail went up.

"I'm going to call all slayers, the training must start as soon as possible. Further plans will be discussed later. That's all, prepare yourselves and have a good rest until then." Kagaya and Amane stood up and attempted to leave, but they got stopped by the demon, "Wait!"

They turned to their demon friend, "Yes?" Kagaya asked waiting for her to continue.

"If it's possible...." Ayuna started, "can you perhaps send the fish daily?"

He smiled, "Yes, I can do that." and before he and his wife completely left, he added: "Make sure to take care of yourself during the battle."

Ayuna turned around to face her friends who only starred back at her.
"I promise I'll be fine. There's no way I want to leave you guys." she gave them a thumbs up, "I'll stick with everyone like a glue, so none of you can push me away."

"That's the spirit!" Kyojuro exclaimed happily.

"Shouldn't you say the last part to someone else?" Shinobu grinned teasingly.

"Uh-huh!" Tengen poked Giyu with his elbow.

Ayuna: "You knew?"

Shinobu: "I knew. And Mitsuri too. And the others."

Ayuna: "Wait what?"

Muichiro: "It was obvious."

Mitsuri: "Some words might have slipped out from my mouth...sorry...."

Ayuna: "Then it's official....*ahem!* W-well about the hashira training...."

They planned their training while Shinobu stayed out of it since her estate was like a hospital and she was going to update her poison.
The sea demon also decided to help with the training, she will train the slayers with her demon blood art and let them attack her so they could improve.