十九 | Swordsmith

Ayuna's pov

The days kept passing as always. I spent my days going to missions with others, visiting the Ubuyashiki's, visiting my friends, spending time with Giyu or doing absolutely nothing.

Until on one sunny day Mitsuri visited me and asked me if I wanted to go to the hot springs with her. I, of course, accepted immediately because the hot springs are the best.

I asked Giyu if he wanted to come along too and he said yes.

Three kakushis came and blindfolded Giyu and Mitsuri. Me on the other hand was placed in a small tank which was covered by a blanket.

Timeskip

"Ayuna, we have arrived! Let's say hello to the village eldest first!" Mitsuri cheered.

"Wait, we have to greet someone? Where are we?" for me, letting someone know a demon is here isn't a good idea.

Giyu: "We're in the swordsmith village. I thought you knew."

"Mitsuri, I thought we're going to the hot springs! Why are we in the swordsmith village?" I asked.

"The hot spring are in this village!" Mitsuri explained.

"Oh."

"Greetings to the two hashiras, feel free to rest here as long as you want. As for this fish... I have already heard from you." the village eldest glanced over the said goldfish who was in a tank.

The goldfish with antlers froze in the middle of the room not knowing what to say: "Hello...."

"As long as you don't cause trouble, you may rest here too." the village eldest continued.

"Thank you." I answered and we were finally brought to our rooms and I shared one with Mitsuri.

We chatted until it was dark outside so Mitsuri showed me the way to the hot springs. Giyu didn't come along since he said he will go later.

At the hot springs we met Genya, the younger brother of the wind hashira.
He ignored us and I could tell why but Mitsuri kept trying to talk to him.
I on the other hand sank my body into the water, closed my eyes and enjoyed myself.

I don't know when but Mitsuri got up and told me that she was leaving so I answered that I'll stay since I already got too comfortable and she nodded.

"I know why you're like this but can't you at least say one word? She wouldn't have turned upset if you did." I broke the silence.

He didn't say anything.

"Aw c'mon~ I didn't know that puberty hit you this hard. You pointed your gun at me when we first met." I pat him on the shoulder with my tail and he got more and more frustrated which was very amusing to see.

Genya looked away: "Sorry... about that..."

"Oh I'm not upset about that anymore." I answered, "let's talk about something else, how's your relationship with your brother? Did it improve?"

Genya immediately turned a bit happy: "It did thanks to you. How did you do it?"

I leaned back leaning on my tail: "Nothing much, just talked some senses into him. Well, he did shout at me but it was worth it, wasn't it?"