六 | The Past

The sea demon waited for three days for the water hashiras return and finally at the fourth day he finally returned midday.

"Welcome home." Ayuna greeted him and he just stared at her.

Ayuna: "What?"

Giyu: "Were you by chance waiting the whole time?"

"What else can I do? Next time leave a note so I don't waste my time looking for you." Ayuna patted with her tail at the seat next to the table, "Mind telling me about your mission?"

And that's how the two of them developed a routine. Whenever one of them returned from a mission they will tell the other about it.
Also, if they had a mission together, the water hashira got used to the fighting style of his demon friend so each mission went successfulky with only a few little scratches but the demons they encounter were going more and more berserk at the sight of Ayuna. Guess the demon lord finally heard of her.

Ayuna also enjoyed every mission with Mitsuri, Shinobu and Kanao even if she didn't speak much. Missions with the other hashiras like with Sanemi, Tengen, Obanai and Muichiro were boring or like hell since they treat Ayuna differently while it was quite alright with the rock or flame hashira. The demon spent much time with the hashiras and naturally some of them allowed her to call them by their first names.

In addition, the sea demon got invited by the Ubuyashiki family from time to time and they always had a great time.

Soon winter came and Ayuna was very happy about it since she can go out earlier and the snow around her just give her a big advantage.

And today, was just another day where the sea demon will wait in the estate for the water hashiras return.

Ayuna's pov

Finally I could hear Giyu entering so I wrapped my tail around him, moved him to the room I was and placed him on the seat next to me. He got used at the way how I used my tail. I placed a cup of tea in front of him as I retreated my tail around him but I could tell that he wasn't well.

Still I patiently waited for him to start his story.

"Today I met a boy who's sister turned into a demon..." he started, "I knocked out the boy and as I thought the demon wanted to kill him, she instead standed in front of him protectively. So I let them go, I told them to met my teacher and he will train him to be a slayer. I don't know if it was right."

"I think you did well Giyu." I said honestly. A demon who can restrain themselves from hurting the people they love... I think Muzan didn't expect that.
"But why the long face?"

Giyu looked at me so I continued, "You may be hard to read but not for me since we're living together." I gave him a faint smile, "So tell me what's on your mind?"

Giyu: "If I had arrived half a day earlier perhaps hsi family would be still alive."

"Actually I'm glad that you didn't." I said.

Giyu looked at me surprised almost angry so I sighed, "Only Muzan can turn a human into a demon, so if you have arrived a half day earlier you might as well be dead."

Giyu also sighed, "Maybe it would better-"

I slapped his head with my tail, "Don't. Say. Something. Like. That. What makes you think that way?!"

He was quiet and looked away.

"Seriously talk to me. I'm a good listener after all." I encouraged him but he didn't budge so I added, "I won't tell anyone, promise. And it's not healthy to keep it for yourself. You'll feel better after letting it out."