七 | A Visit

3rd person pov

It took some time for Giyu's old crow to deliver or receive a letter but Ayuna waited patiently and as she finally heard the news from Giyu that his teacher approved her identity and that he was coming with her to visit, she beamed.

They left in the evening when the sun already settled so the sea demon ran next to the water pillar.

"Wait, I forgot to bring a gift!" Ayuna gasped out.

"That won't be necessary." Giyu answered her.

"We can't just appear empty handed! What does your teacher like? Does he like ice sculptures?" she asked.

Giyu didn't know either if his teacher likes ice sculptures but he liked her idea, "I'm sure he will."

With their speed, they arrived in the night.

Giyu knocked on the door and a man with a red tengu mask answered the door.

"Long time no see Giyu." he looked at the demon girl next to him, "and this must be the demon who joined the demon slayer corps."

"I'm Ayuna, nice to meet you." she bowed.

"Come in." he said and went inside and the both of them followed.

"Urokodaki-san, I smell a demon nearby!" A boy interrupted them and spotted the water hashira and the sea demon, "It's you!"

Ayuna waved nervously at the boy but to her surprise he waved back.

Now, the four of them sat at the table with tea and Ayuna broke the silence first, "I didn't want to come empty handed, yet I don't know what kind of gift I should bring so I brought an ice sculpture. I hope it's to your liking." she placed the ice sculpture of a water dragon on the table, "It doesn't melt." she added.

"Very thoughtful of you." the man who's name was Urokodaki Sakonji replied and he bended his upper body towards her, "And you are indeed different from the other demons."

"Thanks I guess?" Ayuna answered not sure what do to next.

"And you also lifted the curse, very nice of you." he continued.

Ayuna gave him a closed eye smile: "I just did what everyone else would do."

Urokodaki: "Also, I heard from Giyu that you wanted to meet the girl but sadly she  hasn't woke up yet."

Ayuna: "Hasn't woke up yet?"

"She's been asleep after we got here..." the boy named Tanjiro explained with a sad smile.

"Can I still see her?" she asked and Urokodaki allowed Tanjiro to lead her the way so Giyu could talk with him alone.

"She's very different." Urokodaki pointed out and Giyu agreed by nodding.

"What do you think of her?" Giyu asked.

Urokodaki: "I can sense a gentle and kind aura from her. If it wasn't for her appearance, I thought she's human. But for now I think she's good. And she didn't eat any humans till now? She does look powerful to me but I don't sense any blood or bloodlust."

Giyu: "She eats fish."

Urokodaki: "Fish? Strange, normally a demon can't consume anything expect human flesh. Indeed a special case."

Tanjiro's pov

I led her to my sister who didn't wake up yet and it worries me. But for this demon called Ayuna, I don't smell any ill intentions from her. Does she perhaps know how to turn a demon back to human?