二 | The Tale

3rd person pov

"Have you heard about the rumours Giyu?" the head of the demon slayer corps began, "about a creature granting any wishes to anyone."

"I have not." the water hashira replied.

The master, Oyakata-sama, continued: "A village in the north made an interesting tale. It says if you hear a song in a forest and follow it you will meet a deity that can fulfill all your wishes but she will ask for a favor that you must do in order to grant your wish."

"But people were reported missing. It must have been their work." the pillar stated.

"Maybe not." Oyakata-sama denied, "or else such rumours can't be made so people must have survived after encountering the deity in order to share their encounter. So Giyu, I want you to bring the deity to me. They must be powerful if they can grant any wishes and it would be a great benefit to us if we bring them to our side."

"As you wish Oyakata-sama." the said boy bowed.

-

Tomioka Giyu departed in the next morning and arrived at the given location at night.
He could hear a faint singing voice which almost sounded like a whales. He followed it and the forest grew more foggy as he got closer to the voice.

He quietly moved a bush aside with his hand and he saw a figure dancing on the water surface singing.
The figure noticed him as he accidentally stepped on a branch which broke in half.

"What is it that you desire? Is it something you can't have? Money? Eternal health? Fame? A big house? Servants? I can make all of your wishes come true. But before that you must do me a favor." the female creature started her speech, "If you leave this forest, you will see a village not far away. Look for the biggest and fancies house and ask the owner for a jade pendant and return it to me."

The figure vanished in the fogs leaving the dazed water pillar behind who couldn't say anything. But he did as told and went to look for the said house.

The owner quickly shooed him away after noticing his nichirin sword, "I don't own a jade pendant!"

The water hashira didn't know what to do now, the sea creature said it was here yet the owner denied it. So he went back to the sea in the next night where the creature was patiently waiting.

"Have you returned with the jade pendant?" she asked for the x's time.

"I didn't, the owner of the house said he don't have the jade pendant." he answered.

The demon stepped forward reaching the land revealing her appearance which caused the water pillar to draw his sword, "He was lyin- oh a demon slayer..." she sighed.

Ayuna's pov

"You're a demon." the demon slayer stated in front of me.

Great is he going to fight me now?

"Yes I am," I answered, "but I mean no harm, all I want is my pendant back."

"But he didn't -"

"He was lying. " I interrupted him, "I saw it. I saw how his ancestor took the pendant from me years ago when I was human!"

"And why didn't you get it back yourself?" he asked.

I sighed as I saw my memories in front of me for a second, "he accused me from stealing and I am banned to enter the village. And now that I'm like this, I only get myself in trouble but whoever I ask they never came back."

"They never came back? So you didn't eat them?" he questioned.

"Why should I? That's disgusting." I said while crossing my arms.

The water pillar seemed to realize something as I saw his expression change and he ran towards the village's direction leaving me alone.

"Oh so he did not attack me. That's new." you spoke to yourself.

3rd person pov

'If she didn't eat them then it must be the house! They might never left the house!'
Giyu thought as he rushed back to the fancy mansion.

"What a visitor?! Right now?!" the owner of the fancy house exclaimed in horror, "they should leave!"

Screams and growlings are heard in the room next to them.

"Push them away now before they hear the chaos here!" he shouted.

After he said that the water pillar kicked the entry door over with his sword in his hands.

"I knew it." he began, "you're the one hiding a demon."

The owner got on his knees and begged, "No please! That's my daughter please spare her-"

The water hashira didn't listen to him and rushed inside the room behind them and quickly saved the servant by cutting the demons head off with ease.

"No! My daughter!" the owner cried out as he saw his daughter fading away with tears in her eyes.

An object dropped from the demons clothes before she fully disappeared.

It was the jade pendant.

Giyu picked it up and left the people in the house alone. The owner didn't follow him, perhaps he knew this day would come.

-

"Your jade pendant." he handed the demon girl her pendant and she hugged it tightly.

"Finally it's in my hands again. It was a gift from mother... " she sighed as her eyes turned watery.

She cleaned a tear from her eyes with her index finger and faced the demon slayer in front of her, "Thank you very much. Now tell me what do you wish?"

"I don't have a wish." he answered making the Ayuna confused.

"I was assigned to this mission. So you should thank the master who sent me here and he wants to meet you." he explained.

"Since I have what I wanted, I'll go with you." she announced, "Oh, but the sun's rising now." she glanced at the direction where the sun is rising.

As the sunlight almost appeared, Ayuna ran in the forest and vanished inside a hole of a broken tree.

Giyu went looking for her but couldn't find her.

"If you're looking for me, I'm here." he heard her next to him and glanced inside the hole of the broken tree.

The hole was filled with water with a goldfish in it.

"That's my disguise form." the goldfish explained, "Sorry but it seems like we need to wait when nightfall comes."

Giyu: "No."

Ayuna: "Pardon?"

Giyu took out his water bottle: "You should fit in here."

She swam in a cycle for start up and she jumped in his water bottle fitting in just fine.

Ayuna: "Let's go then."