一 | Song

3rd person pov

"Hm why is somebody singing in the middle of the night?" a drunk man asked to himself on his way back home but he decided to follow the beautiful voice feeling slightly drawn to it.

The man arrived in front of a big sea and it turned foggy. He gasped at the female shadow as he moved some bushes away and the figure stopped singing and dancing.

The man fell on his butt out of fear after noticing her non human features as she stared at him.

"What is it what you desire? Is it something you can't have? Money? Eternal health? Fame? A big house? Servants? I can make all of your wishes come true. But before that you must do me a favor." the female creature said.

The man didn't response still dazed at the fact that he encountered a being that is not human.

"If you leave this forest, you will see a village not far away. Look for the biggest and fancies house and ask the owner for a jade pendant and return it to me." she continued and disappeared in the fogs after she took one step back and the area turned normal as if the fog and the creature were never there.

The man stared at the sea with the moons reflection.

How did she disappear? The man thought and as he noticed that his strength came back, he quickly ran away thinking he met a ghost. He ran out from the forest and followed the path to the village close by like he always did. He burst the front door of his house open startling an old man inside.

"A ghost! I saw a ghost!" the man yelled.

"You useless brat! Why are you drunk again?! I thought you already found a job but you lied!" the old man yelled back angered at his sons drunk figure.

"Father you have to believe me! There was a ghost at the sea!"

"Nonsense you good for nothing! I'll kick you out if you're not going to earn your money!" the old man slammed his walking stick on the ground out of frustration.

And with a loud grunt he left leaving his useless son alone.

The son couldn't sleep that night and he made a big fuss on the streets about it. But he was known as an useless man who spent all of his money on alcohol so nobody believed him.

"I'll prove it!"

That's what he announced lastly before he dashed out of the village.

At night he went to the same place where he saw the so called ghost last night and it would be a lie if he said that he wasn't scared. The place became foggy again.

"Have you returned with the jade pendant?" the sudden female voice made the man flinch.

The man stuttered: "I-is it t-true you can grant all my wishes if I get you that pendant?!"

"It is." she answered stepping out of the fog revealing her appearance, "does it sound like a lie to you?"

The man stepped back shivering, "H-how c-can I b-belive you if I t-there's no proof?!"

With a motion with her fish-like tail some gold coins fell from the sky and the man held his hands up stunned at the sight of gold.

"Is it money you want? I can give you more once you bring me the jade pendant back. Look for the biggest and fancies house in the village near this forest." she vanished in the fog again leaving the man with his gold alone.

The man laughed maniacly as he collected the gold from the ground and ran back to his house.

But he didn't look for the pendant, he spent his days drinking and going to the casino betting all his money away. And as he remembered the monsters promise that she could make him rich he finally decided to look for the pendant.

Luckily the said house was in the same village he lived so it was easy to find the fancies house since the rich man who owned the house was popular.

The servants left him to an empty room saying that he had to wait for the owner since he was busy. The man did as told and waited for hours until nightfall and finally the door slid open by the owner but he didn't enter the room.

"According to the servants you are looking for the jade pendant too?" he said friendly but his expression was emotionless.

"Y-yes!" the man asked eagerly, "can I perhaps lend it for a night?"

"It costed me a great fortune to get this pendant yet you want me to lend it to you? What if you don't return it?!"

The man declared that he's willing to do anything to lend the pendant for a night and the owner smirked, "Anything?"

"Yes!" The man answered.

"Then..." The owner began to close the door, "be my daughters meal tonight."

"What?!"

Another door opened and a girl with horns launched at the man ripping his arm off. The man screamed in fear begging the owner who was still standing behind the door to spare his life but the shoutings ended as the demon girl ended his life and devoured him.

That went on multiple times with the same results, the trespasser never returned with the jade pendant to the mysterious creature at the sea and they never came out from the big and fancy house alive.

That's how the news of missing people and the rumour of a ghost spread to the demon slayer corps. And they assumed it was a work of a demons.