"For the Dancing and the Dreaming." Viking Miguel x Female Viking Reader

I'm sorry for the lack of updates my schedule is beyond crazy! But I promise to update "An Unexpected Match" and get the sequel of perfect picture out too.

But as an apology here is a fluffy random Miguel Oneshot🥰

Inspired by this song I haven't heard in a while on TikTok.💕💕💕

I apologize for any grammatical mistakes. I didn't read over this yet. 😅

Enjoy💕
—————————————————————————

Today was officially the start of your adult life as you now were old enough for the unmarried men in your village to begin courting for your hand in marriage.

As you finished getting ready you head downstairs to see your parents and younger siblings.

"Good Morning." You smile at your parents as you head to the kitchen to help your mother with separating the herbs.

"Good morning y/n. You must be excited for today. You'll definitely have quite a few prospective suitors from what I've heard." Said your mother with an upbeat in her voice.

"I'm definitely excited, but nervous too. Hopefully it's not too hectic." You chuckle nervously as you put the finished separated herbs into the wooden bowl and began to mush them.

"It's definitely exciting my beloved daughter. But those men will have to be brave enough to stand against me. No man is perfect enough for my daughter." Your father huffed as he helped lift the meat to hang over the fire.

You chuckled from your father's words. You did feel a bit bad for the poor souls who had to go through not only your father but the chieftain of the village to have a chance at courting you.

"So, any men in the village that you hope comes knocking on our door?" Your younger sister teasingly elbowed you in your arm, trying to get the juiciest gossip for the nosy villagers. You roll your eyes as you try to hide your smile on your face. You then pass the wooden bowel to your sister to continue mushing the herbs as you make your way to get the bucket to fill for the animal feed, one of your daily chores.

"I think I know who." Said your younger brother in a sing song voice as he helped with making the bread with your mother.

"Wait who?!" Your sister asked eagerly.

"Not telling you." Your brother smirked which made your sister puff out her cheeks in annoyance as she threw a bit of flour at him, which he did in return.

"Knock it off you too." You loved your younger tween twin siblings, but they definitely got on your nerves sometimes. More like all the time.

"Just tell me!" Groaned your sister as she wiped the flour off her face with a rag.

"I'm actually curious too now." You chuckle as you cross your arms with the bucket hanging on your arm to the side.

"It's Miguel O'Hara." Your brother said proud of his answer. Your eyes widen and cheeks redden.

"Now that's a man I could see as chief and be a good husband for you." Your father said as he kept an eye on the cooking meat.

"It's a pity he is off at war. And it's been five years since he was home. Who knows when the men at sea will be back." Said your mother with a small frown on her face. You internally sigh at your mothers remarks. Miguel was your childhood best friend. He was three years older than you but the two of you were inseparable when you were kids. The last time you saw him was five years ago when you were still a kid and he was just barely old enough to be an adult.

As the years went by you eventually became use to him not being around, except for every once in a while you got the painful reminder of the lack of his presence. You did wonder what he would look like now after five years. You assumed the same boyish person you grew up with.