"A Misunderstanding II" Father Miguel O'Hara x Mother Spider Woman

The orange and white monitors flickered between worlds as red irises scanned the various universes. His eyes calm down to his normal mahogany brown as he gazes at the various photos and videos of you and him.

Almost six years since he last held you in his arms. Last time he heard your sweet voice. How your laughter was contagious. How your moaning was music to his ears.

His tired gaze stared at a video of you and him when the both of you went to the beach. You held the phone as it faced the two of you, sitting between his legs, resting against his chest. His lips twitched upwards into a small smile as he watched you change the filters from bunny ears to kitty ears on both of you. He rolled his eyes in the video at your cute antics as he held you in his arms, giving you a loving kiss on the cheek before the video ended.

Every moment he thinks of you reminds him of how much he messed up. Why did he distance himself from you? If he only opened up to you like you tried to do multiple times. And he pushed you further away every time until he couldn't shatter your heart into smaller pieces.

He wished he had run after you. He wished he had gone to your earth and pleaded for you to stay with him. But after you ended things, he broke down and drowned himself in work.

"Miguel?" Jess walked in.

"What?" He lightly snapped, not wanting to be disturbed.

"I'm taking Gwen on her first mission. I was just checking in to see if her watch is ready." Jess swung up to his platform to grab the watch.

"Make sure she doesn't break it again." Miguel tossed it to her, which she got with ease. Jess glanced at the monitor of you and him. A sigh escaped her lips.

"I'll make sure she doesn't. How about you come on this mission with us? Show Gwen some of your skills.

"I'm busy monitoring the multiverse. I can't be bothered with menial missions just to teach a rookie a few tricks." He rolled his eyes.

"I thought you would be interested in going on this specific mission because we'll be going to y/n's Earth." Jess jumped down as she began to walk out.

"What did you say?" Miguel snapped as he turned around and jumped down, walking right up to her.

"I just thought you could use this excuse to finally see her." Miguel glared down at her before finally giving in as he sighed.

"It's been almost six years Jess. She probably has moved on by now. Why would she want to see me after all these years?"

"It wouldn't hurt to try. Just come on the mission and make up your mind there." Miguel pondered what Jess said. His heart yearned to see you again. But his mind was making him panic. What if she doesn't want to see me?

"I'll go."

...

The mission was very simple as only a random person appeared and needed to be sent back. He would have stayed back at HQ if this wasn't your world.

"I'll see you back at HQ. Go get her back." Jess said as she looked over at Miguel, who huffed as he swung away from her and Gwen.

"What's he doing?" Asked Gwen.

"He's going to see an old friend." Jess looked at the direction Miguel went off to.

It only took minutes to get to your apartment. However, time felt like it was moving in slow motion as he walked into your apartment complex and up the elevator to your floor.

33B, your apartment number. He dissolved his suit to appear in his casual clothing. His chest hurt as he felt his heart pound against it. Taking a second to calm his breathing, he knocked on your door.