"A Misunderstanding III" Father Miguel O'Hara x Mother Spider-Woman

Excited to have reached 10k! And thank you for all the likes and comments.
__________________________________

You awoke to the smell of coffee and French toast as you slowly exited from bed. Checking the clock, you look to see the time. You only had 30 minutes to get Mateo to school. Getting clothes on, you rush out your door and see your awake and dressed son sitting at the counter, eating a slice of French toast with syrup and strawberries.

Miguel stood at the stove as he made bacon. Walking into the kitchen, you stand by Miguel, who turns to you, handing you a plate of French toast, bacon, and strawberries. You look up at him with a shy smile before taking the plate.

"Thank you for breakfast. And getting Mateo up and ready."

"Of course, cariño." He smiled down at you before going back to the stove. You sit next to Mateo as you kiss him on the head. You notice his face is covered in syrup, so you quickly grab a wet napkin to clean his face and hands up.

You glance at Miguel as you watch his back muscles flex when he moves. You quickly move your gaze from him as he turns off the stove. He places his plate on the counter across from you. Your eyes briefly meet before you look away again, cheeks turning pink as you see him smirk.

Guilt seeps into your stomach as you see him try to remove a crick in his neck. You could have let him stay in bed, but you knew last night would have escalated quickly if you hadn't sent him to the couch.

"Mamma, why isn't Papa sleeping in your room?" Mateo's sudden question made you almost choke on your coffee.

"That's a good question, papito. Any response, mama?" The grin on Miguel's face widened as he loved the look on your face when he teased you.

"Why do you ask that, sweetie?" You turn to ask your son as he fiddles with his strawberries with his plastic fork.

"But aren't mommy and daddy supposed to sleep together? Is Papa not going to stay with us?" Mateo pouted as he looked up at you, his eyes glossed. Your eyes met Miguel's as you both shared a worried look.

"Of course, I'm staying. Don't worry about me leaving." Miguel says as he walks over to lift up Mateo in his arms. His words surprised you at first. But deep down, you were relieved that he wanted to stay. Unless he was only saying that to ease Mateo. Your doubts began to cloud your mind.

"Don't be sad. You have nothing to worry about, ok, sweetie?" You stand up from your seat and walk over to Miguel and Mateo. You rubbed Mateo's back to calm him down.

"Does that mean Papa will sleep in the bed now?" You internally groan at the constant questions Mateo is asking. Why was your five-year-old so nosy?

"Yes. He'll sleep in the bed." You look up at Miguel as he looks down at you seriously. As if his eyes were hoping your words were true.

"Yay!" Mateo cheered as you chuckled from his cheekiness as you gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"Now, let's get you to school." You say as you grab his backpack, as the three of you head out the door.

Arriving at the front of the doors, Miguel stopped. You turned back to him with a confused glance.

"Aren't you coming in?" A smile graces your lips. Miguel nods as he follows you into the building. The three of you walk to Mateo's classroom. You noticed a few moms stare at Miguel, which made your eyes roll.

"Hi, Ms.L/n. Hi Mateo. Are you excited for another day?" Ms. Williams looked at you before glancing at Mateo. Her eyes widen slightly when she notices Miguel still holding Mateo.

"Nice to meet you..?"

"Miguel O'Hara. Mateo's father."

"It's nice to meet you, Mr. O'Hara. I'm Mateo's teacher Ms. Williams."