Chapter 14: A Glimpse of the Past -Part 3 (final part)

Mei walk out of the park, but this time her feet wandered to a different street. She was too lost in memories of the trio of boys from her middle school years.

She remembered Timothy's random facts and how she was usually the only one interested in.

She remembered Dean giving in and wearing matching fits with her.

And she remembered Jake. She was close with all three of them, but not the way she was with Jake. Despite the mutual attraction things were always so easy with him. They were both physical people who liked to be close with their friends and it showed. They were always finding some way to be connected to someone in the group. Sometimes she'd just pay Timothy's head, other times she'd ride on Dean's back. But the most common pairing was her and Jake. They relax on each other, hold hands, or pretty much any form of physical touch between friends. It was true they liked each other, but the physical intimacy never came from those feelings, it always came from the pure bond of friendship between them and the rest of the group.

She thought of what Dean might look like now. She always thought he was attractive, but she bet he was hot now. And timothy probably got a glow up himself, although they were more like siblings.

She chuckled at one of her memories of them playing soccer until she noticed a figure looming in front of her.

She looked up to see Kingsley, he was much taller than her, his slicked back hair and freshly pressed clothes made him look sharp, dangerously sharp.

"What brings you here Ms. Shisui?"

Mei was confused until she looked up and saw that she had walked to Donald's Office, the headquarters of the Union.

"Why don't you come on in, Donald would love to see you." He continued.

She scowled, "Why would I want to see that piece of shit?"

"You walked yourself here did you not?" She hated how he was right. She opened her mouth to protest more but Kingsley's hand has placed itself on her shoulder, to any on lookers it looked like a friendly gesture, but the force behind his grip confirmed she had no real choice but to follow him.

He gracefully shoved her inside and toward the elevator. He pressed the button for the top floor and didn't let go of her shoulder until the door was closed.

"You've grown up some, Ms. Shisui."

"Thank you," her voice was sweet, "you have too." "Grown into a real prick."

"Your wit is still just as sharp as it was back then, you may have matured physically but it seems you're still childish everywhere else."

The elevator stopped and they walked down the hall, before they reached the door Mei quickly retorted, "Careful who you call childish, wouldn't want you to insinuate the bastard on the other side of this door is a pedophile."

Kingsley visibly stiffened. He hated anyone insulting Donald and she knew it. He gathered himself again and knocked on the door.

"Come in." a voice from the other side said.

Mei could see his signature blonde hair peaking from above his office chair, he was facing away from her, towards the windows.

"Leave us Kingsley" Donald ordered from his chair.

"Oh and Kingsley? Would want you to frame yourself as a pedo either." She smirked at him as she watched his face grow red with both embarrassment and anger.

"I am not attract-"

"I said leave"

"Yes sir."