chapter 6: A promise is a promise.

Mei was standing in line at a morning assembly like every other student, listing as the headmaster droned on for what felt like hours. She was looking around examining the other students, trying to pick out the threats. She watched a bright blonde guy as he yawned and whispered to a friend, clearly not caring about any of the teachers calling him out. 

'He seems confidant, could be a potential asshole' Mei sighed and continued scanning when she locked eyes with Big Ben, who gave her an enthusiastic wave before mouthing a question. 

'Have you seen GoGo?'

 Mei read his lips before shaking her head. 'Not this morning, no' she responded. 

Ben looked dejected and faced the front again. The assembly dismissed and she found Gerard before filing back in and heading to class. 

"Well, that sucked." Mei huffed, falling into step with Gerard. 

"You can say that again." 

"I have to go to a meeting with that old fart soon, to 'describe my time so far at this wonderful establishment'" She rolled her eyes, "Establishment my ass."

Gerard laughed as the pair took their seats and class began. 

<3

Gerard was on his way to the snack bar to grab him and Mei something when he overheard a particularly interesting conversation. He pulled out his phone and pretended to answer a call. 

"Yo yesterday was crazy" 

       "You gotta wonder why Jimmy was even there, I mean the pool hall is clearly Eunjang territory."

"Yeah I mean Yoosun High isn't even that close. Poor Alex though. He'd be dead meat if Mei hadn't shown up."

"Do you think Alex will be alright?"

"Yeah he should be, didn't Mei take care of his wounds?"

"Oh yeah, that lucky bastard keke."

Gerard "hung up" the phone before quickly heading back to class. Without the promised snacks.

He opened the class door and walked up to their desks. 

"Oh finally, you're back, I'm starved." Mei began before realizing that one, Gerard wasn't sitting down, and two he didn't have anything. 

"What happened yesterday?" 

"Mmh what do you mean?" 

"You know what I mean, Mei. What happened?"

"Let's talk about this somewhere else." Mei quickly got up, grabbed his wrist, and led him out of the classroom, walking right past the teacher who didn't even notice and if he did, he didn't care. She led him to the end of the hall. 

"Explain." He said before she could say anything.

"You had something to do, so I hung out with the boys. No need to get jealous or anything." She teased, but Gerard didn't budge. 

"Mei" His voice warned.

"Kay fine you got me, Ben ditched so it was just Alex and some of the guy's from their class." She continued hiding the answer he wanted. 

"Mei I know Jimmy Bae was at the pool hall, I know something happened, so I'm asking you now."

Mei sighed, "listen, I made GoGo a promise I wouldn't say anything, so if I tell you, you can't tell Big Ben?"