Chapter 8: Aftermath

Mei sighed and headed toward the principal's office.
'I hope he doesn't chew me out 'cause I'm late'

She stopped in front of the door before knocking, "come in." she heard and slid the door open.

"Ah, Miss Shisui, there you are, I was beginning to think you weren't coming." He chuckled  politely, "Sit down."

Mei nodded and took a seat, "haha yes, I was on my way home when I remembered and turned around, my apologies." she lied.

"You're quite alright, I only have a few questions regarding your time here at our Eunjang." Mei nodded and he continued, "So far, how have you found our school, welcoming?"

"Ah, yes sir, I've begun to really settle in, made some friends, and the teachers have been a tremendous help." Of course, she was lying, they hadn't done shit, but it was easier if she made it sound good.

"Oh good, I was worried the transition would be rough, you know how teenage boys can be." He chuckled at his own joke, Mei smiled politely. "Have you experienced any fights since you transferred?"

Mei sweat dropped, "No, not personally, I've seen some elevated tensions, but nothing has gotten violent."

"That eases my nerves a bit, I was scared you might be made a target, considering Eunjang's reputation as you know." He clasped his hands together, "One last question if you don't mind."

Mei smiled, "Of course, go ahead."

"Do you think that things have progressed well enough to start choosing more female applicants to begin their transfer?" He looked nervous but hopeful.

Mei took a minute to think, her answer actually mattered this time. She thought about her original plan to make the school safer, she considered her recent victory over Philip Kim and the Yoosun students. She knew that there were likely to be more fights with the Union, but that shouldn't directly affect the others who might transfer.

If she could solidify her own reputation, then any girls who transfer will have a better time, especially if she makes it known she's on friendly terms with them.

"I think it's a good idea to begin reviewing and choosing the best choices. Start with two, maybe three, and make sure they're headstrong and confident. It's probably best to wait a couple of weeks to actually begin admitting them. And check again before you give the green light. I should have things stable enough by then though." she concluded.

The principal slowly nodded, took a few notes, and he looked up, and smiled, "I knew I could count on you Miss Shisui."

You see, there was a reason Mei was chosen as the first transfer student, her strength and skill in a fight, weren't unknown to the higher-ups in the school. It was actually one of the prime reasons they chose her, that and her intelligence. They had an understanding, she made the school safe for female students to begin attending, and they 1) overlooked any fights/ or behavioral issues (like they didn't already) and 2) she had a free pass to any college of her choice, even abroad. 3) they didn't rat out to any authorities that she was currently (and usually) living alone.

"Well, once again I'm impressed, I should get used to that though, shouldn't I?" he laughed.

"That's probably best."

"Well, you're free to go, have a nice day." 

<3

The next day... 

Mei walked into the school, she went to change her shoes but quickly noticed the students around her avoiding her and whispering. 'damn word get's around here fast doesn't it'  she shook her head and continued to class. 

She put her stuff down and slid into her seat. Gerard was already there, of course, she had noticed he was always there by the time she got there. The thought had occurred to her before to come super early one day to see just how early he got there, but she had yet to actually put the effort in. 

"Everyone already knows about the fight yesterday," Gerard informed her. 

She nodded, "I figured, ya know after everyone avoided me like the black plague." 

He chuckled, "Yeah when it comes to anything involving the union, you can bet everyone will know within minutes. Well, anything involving the lower level of the union, no one knows a thing about the higher workings apparently." 

Mei squinted one eye and tilted in her chair, "So it's basically a pyramid scheme? Love that." 

<3

Mei had gotten used to the hallway splitting down the middle to let her walk. It was kind of nice, she got to the snack bar twice as fast now.

She noticed now that a pair was walking right through the middle of the hall, seemingly oblivious to her presence. That's when she realized it was the same blonde she had seen during the assembly. She eyed the pair as they passed each other before moving her attention to the reactions of the students lining the walls watching. 

It became abundantly clear that the blondie was someone to watch out for, and that she had been correct. 

She opened the door to Ben and GoGo's class and walked in, found the pair and Gerard already seated talking about something. She had gotten right behind Ben when he slammed his hand down on the desk and stood abruptly. 

"Guys! I've made up my mind." He proclaimed. 

Alex did not look impressed or fazed, "what, you idiot?" 

Ben turned around and was met with Mei directly in front of him. "Shit Mei! You startled me, when did you get here?" He backed up, a tint of a blush on his cheeks. 

"Just now, you really didn't notice?" She stepped out of the way and slid into his leftover seat next to GoGo. Who just nodded in acknowledgment. 

"Well whatever, I'm gonna make a trip to class five. So stay put!" He walked out of the room self-assured. 

"What's with him?" GoGo muttered before turning to them again. "Hey is it just me or does it feel like it's been a while since we've been at school?" 

Gerard nodded, "Yeah, me too." The pair looked at Mei for her response. 

"I don't know but maybe I'm just on a non-cannon timeline." She shrugged, and the boys mimicked her action, before continuing the conversation. 

Gogo raised an eyebrow, "Do y'all just not have friends in your own class?"

Mei and Gerard just sat there staring back at him. 

"Anyway..." Alex just moved on, "What are your guys' thoughts on the new chapter of Two Piece?".

<3

Hey guys! I am so sorry for how long it has taken me to get a chapter out, a lot has happened this past while. But I am back and very excited to continue this story! I hope to have a longer chapter out tonight or tomorrow.