Chapter 12: A glimpse at the past part 1?

Mei's eyes fluttered open, it took a second for her to remember where she was. When she did she looked around and saw Gerard. He was scrolling on his phone, careful not to move his left side and disturb her. He hadn't realized she was awake.

"Whatchu looking at?" Mei said looking over his shoulder.

"Oh you're up" Gerard looked at her and lifted his phone up so she could see. "The shuttle patch, it hasn't updated yet since our fight with Yoosun. Have you looked at it at all?"

Mei shook her head, "Nah, with how much Eugene talks about it I hadn't felt the need to yet. May I?" she asked gesturing to his phone.

"Knock yourself out." He said handing her his phone and standing up to stretch. "Where's the closest bathroom?"

Mei looked up and pointed to the hall near the stairs, "first door on your left."

"Thanks"

Mei looked the rankings, she saw Jimmy's name, some guy called Wolf. 'That can't actually be his name right?'

Her eyes widened as she read one of the names. Her heart clenched and she could've sworn it stopped beating. She looked up to check for Gerard before clicking his name to read more information.

<3

Gerard returned, looked at Mei and saw her looking intently at his phone.

"You find something interesting?" He asked.

Mei slid off the screen she was on and smoothly turned his phone off. "Nah not really, just a bunch of men with fragile egos really."

Gerard huffed out a laugh, "you can say that again, anyways i should probably be heading back home, thanks for letting me stay over by the way."  He said walking toward the couch where she handed him his phone back.

"Don't mention it, you're welcome whenever, the doors code is 1738"  Mei said, standing up to walk him to the door, Hakoda spawned in next to her wrapping his fluffy white and grey tail around her leg.

"Got it"

And with that Mei was left alone again, just her and her cat. She took a breathe to steady herself before she grabbed her phone of the couch and pushed in a set of very familiar numbers.

The phone vibrated against her ear as she waited for it to be answered.

The ringing stopped, "Long time no talk, what made you call?" The voice on the other line greeted.

"We need to talk, are you busy?"

<3

Mei's footsteps were steady, her face was set in a neutral expression, but to anyone looking at her it was clear she wasn't to be stopped now.

She knew exactly where she was going, her feet carried her, there was no thought behind it. Her path was paved in muscle memory.

Memories invited themselves into her thought process at every turn. The shop they would go to for their onigiris. The food stall with the old lady that always gave them a lengthy anecdote paired with a much desired discount. Place after place she passed made her return to a time she tried not to think of.

Not because it was traumatic or anything, quite the opposite. That chapter of her life had been one of her happiest, she didn't want the desire to go back keep her from missing the joys of present. She wanted to live her life, not to live in memories.

Yet here she was, walking the same streets, left turn, pass the hardware store, right turn, the flower shop, right, a church, left...

The park.

Her eyes scanned the area, a couple of kids were playing basketball, a father and daughter using the swings. And then there was the gazebo. A figure she knew all too well sitting there waiting for her.

She didn't even have to see the bright orange hair to know who he was.

<3
Hey! I know this chapter is shorter but I really like this as a stopping point, I'm thinking this little Glimpse of the Past will last about 3 chapters?

This was a request for the apology chapter, it may not seem like it's explaining her past with Donald, but trust, it's getting there.

Anyways hope you like it! Only 700 words but an interesting few words is better than  3000 boring ones.

Go drink water and have a great day my lovelies!