29. Love

King PoV

During these two weeks, I noticed Aruna had been avoiding me the whole time. When I looked for her during her training, she would fly to other places when she saw me coming. She would also sleep earlier and the next morning just leave before I wake up. What happened to her? Did she hate me? I need to talk to her and ask for the reason.

Aruna PoV

These few days, I keep avoiding Alber because I'm too embarrassed to meet him. Hope he won't find anything weird.

Today I woke up and saw Alber was still sleeping. I slowly got up from bed, changed my clothes, and walked softly to the door, hoping to not wake up Alber. But when my hand was about to hold the knob, I felt someone came closer behind me. I immediately turned around and saw Alber was standing behind me.

"Alber! I didn't know you woke up already. Did I just disturb your sleep?" I asked nervously.

He ignored my question, and asked me, "Why did you avoid me during these two weeks? Did you hate me?"

"What? No, I just..."

"Then why did you leave this earlier? You acted like this since Yamato came here. At least let me know what was the mistake I made." He gently held my hand and led me to the bed again. We sit on the bed and he stares at me for some time, waiting for my answers.

I don't know why this part sounds like a couple in some romance drama that having some misunderstood with each other XD. But I promise they will have a good ending.
__________________________________

"I...I just... I am just too embarrassed to meet you." I whispered to him but surely he heard what I said. I felt my face become more blush and hot.

"What? What do you mean you're embarrassed to meet me?" Alber asked.

I look down at my feet, avoiding his eyes. How can I answer the question? I don't have enough courage to confess my feelings to him. "Aruna, could you explain what you mean by that?" Alber keeps asking me.

"I LOVE YOU! NOT AS A FRIEND! WHEN WE SPENT MORE TIME TOGETHER, I BECAME MORE OBSESSED WITH YOU. I CAN'T STOP THINKING ABOUT YOU!" I burst out all my thoughts to him. When I realized what I had to say, I quickly stopped and covered my mouth with my hands, "Sorry, Alber. I didn't mean to yell at you. I should cool down myself." I said and quickly flew away through his room's window, with my face blushing.

King PoV

I watched Aruna fly away through the window. My thoughts slowly came back to reality and I also quickly flew through the window to look after her. Did she confess to me just now? Guess I also need to tell her my true feelings too.

After searching for some time, I finally found her sitting on a branch of a tree. "Aruna, please come down."

"No...I don't want..." She shakes her head no and hides herself with her wings.

"Please...I had something to say to you too." I begged her, opening my arms at the same time to catch her. She jumped down from the tree and landed on my arms. I carried her in bridal style and we came to a wider place. She hid her face behind my neck to avoid my eyes.

I started to say, "Aruna, when the first time I saw your wanted poster revealed, I could not believe there were still Lunarians alive in this world. I thought I was the only one in this world. So when you came here with the Red-Hair Pirate, I heard a report that a person that has the same black-feathered wings as me appeared here. So I quickly came out to make sure it was really a Lunarians or just some imposter disguised as one."

Aruna didn't say anything, but I knew she was listening to me. So I continued.

"The first time you saw me, you immediately broke down into tears. I guess you also can't believe that there was a Lunarians alive right? When I heard you were gonna leave again, I was sad because I thought I could not see you again, but when you promised you would come back, I was so happy. And you came back, with some injuries. It's hurt to see you hurt yourself. Do you remember there's one time you used up your energy and collapsed on the floor? I was so worried at that time, I thought I was gonna lose you."

When we came beside a lake, I put Aruna down but she just stared at the lake. So I lifted her chin to prevent her keep avoiding my eyes, "After spending so many times with you, I also felt something different inside of me. I started to care for you, worried about you. I want to protect you. I'm not sure what is this feeling but after you confess to me, I know this feeling is LOVE."

"I love you, Aruna. Sorry to tell you this late. Will you accept my feelings?"

She slowly nodded her head and said, "Of course Alber!" She smiled with closed eyes, that was the most beautiful smile I had seen in my life.

And I kiss her passionately and she gently kisses back.

King & Aruna's thoughts

This is the most memorable day of my life.

A/N:
I also felt embarrassed when I wrote this part, that's too sweet!!!!