32: Crazy Genes

Alexa's POV

A wave of nostalgia hit me as soon as I stepped back into America. The memories of the day I left rushed in, tired of hiding from the shadows. I pushed them back. Not now. I won't let him get the better of me. He won't win. I nodded in Alec's direction to signify that I'm okay. I swear that boy gets worried for no reason.

Chloe grabbed my hand tightly as Deep Forest Pack. She insisted on coming. She said it was a best friends duty. But I knew that she just wanted to use it as an excuse to kick butt. In the past week, I learnt Chloe and Alec were excellent fighters. After all, they were the ones assigned to training me for my return. Just in case any bitch tried something. Did I also mention that Chloe also belongs to the Moonlight Pack? Yeah, she does. Chloe and Alec sat on either side of me while Ryder drove us to that traitorous pack. Yes, I came with an entire entourage. Ryder and I are still mates. Though I am not marked. And I don't think that's going to happen any time soon.

The pack house stood tall and grand. I missed the the place but this is not our first stop. I guided Ryder to take a sharp turn further into the territory towards where I had grown up. I missed Mum and Dad and Britney. I had scarcely allowed myself to think about them. It would only bring my wolf and I more pain. The pain we had spent suppressing for months rose to the surface but this time I didn't push it back. I was here to face my demons and i plan on doing just that.

The car came to a stop at my house. The place i spent eighteen years in. My heart clenched. How was everyone? Is Britney mad at me?(By the way, Britney is her little sister.) What about Mom and Dad? What would they say?

"Alexandra?" I snapped up immediately. I didn't realize that everyone had stepped out of the car and were waiting for me. I came out and walked towards the door, the group on my tail. Taking a deep breath, I knocked on the door. It took a few seconds but i heard shuffling from inside. My 12 year old sister opened the door and let my eyes with shocked ones.

"Britney—" She slammed the door on my face. I sighed.
"Your sister has quite the temper."Alec remarked.
"You think?" I snapped back. I knocked again and this time she opened immediately.

"Who do you seek?" She said in an extremely robotic voice with an equally effective poker face. I guess she finally perfected it.
"Come on, don't be like that." She didn't budge. Her eyes moved from me to the people behind me.

"These are my friends. Can we come in?"
"No." Extremely stubborn as always. But there's one thing that could make her bend. I held up the duffel bag I carried with me.
"We brought a peace offering." Britney scrutinized the bag and raised her eyebrows.
"Romance novels. Best in Italy." Her eyes lit up immediately. And she opened the door wide.

"I guess you can come in." She tried to sound begrudging but there was no denying the happiness in her eyes. As we went in, I heard Chloe whisper to Ryder,
"Pay up." He begrudgingly handed Chloe some dollars. I smirked. When I went shopping for the novels, Ryder and Chloe had been with me. Ryder was confused as to how a 12 year old could possibly love romance. Chloe took advantage of the situation and bet him 50 bucks that Britney would take it. Well, he just lost.

"So I—" Britney cut me short once again.
"Because I let you in doesn't mean you can talk to me." I grunted.
"Oh come on. What about the peace offering?" She shrugged her shoulders.
"That was for coming in."
"Fine." Alec passed me another bag but this time it held something else. I held it up for her to see.
"This is for cooling your temper and talking to me." I threw the bag at her which she uneffortlessly caught. She opened the bag with raised eyebrows and squealed when she saw the contents. Inside was enough chocolate to last a lifetime. I kind of expected her reaction to my return. Britney was the kind of person that didn't show her care until she needed to. Also, she has some screws loose. In a good way, of course. If you count playing dangerous pranks and reading books meant for people twice her age a good thing. I know she wasn't angry because I left. She was angry because I left for Italy and didn't tell her.

"You know me so well, sis." I cracked a smile and motioned for my friends to sit on the sofa. Brit heavwd a sigh of relief. For what?
"Now that I have received my peace offerings." She paused for a while and I knew immediately what was coming next.
"Block your ears." I exclaimed. All of them turned to me, confused but they had no more time to react.

"WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING RUNNING OF TO ITALY WITHOUT ME??!!" There went my ears.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What's up, guys? I missed you. So bad news and good news.
Bad news is school is resuming!!! I can't wait. I know you don't believe me. Like who the hell wants to go to school. But I do. You have absolute no idea how hard it was for me to stay home for 7 WEEKS!! Without a stable internet connection. So don't blame me. Unfortunately that also means Mateless won't be allotted enough time. Updates will slow down. As I am starting high school soon. Shocker? I know.

Good news is Mateless is coming to an end. It's been a wonderful journey with you guys. I'm sad to end it but it has to be done. Let me know in the comments section if you want a sequel and what it should be about.

Do you guys like Britney? I certainly do. We have A LOT in common.

New book coming out after Mateless. I haven't decided on a fitting title yet but description will be out one of these days. See ya later, SUCKAS!!

September 13, 2023
Luna ❤️