A Disaster

After we arrived at the hospital a doctor quickly got Tom in the emergency room and told me to wait outside.I was shaking nervously and just did what I was told to. I was really scared for Tom, even though, he was a heartless gaslighting narcissist.

After an hour or so the doctor finally came out. I quickly stood up and approached him. Before I could even open my mouth he said "He'll be alright, we sewed the open wounds. I don't think there's gonna be a problem, but just in case, he should stay here tonight. You can go and see him once he is accommodated in his own room." I only nodded not being able to speak because of the stress I was still in. The doctor quickly walked away and I stared at the sliding doors that opened and a nurse came out, pushing a wheelchair in which Tom was sat. He didn't look bad, on his face was the ordinary grimace that makes you run for your life. "How are you feeling?" I asked him "Alright." he said simply "Did you see a doctor?" he raised and eyebrow "No, why would I?" I lifted my shoulders confused "Because you've been trowing up for a week now." he said and before I could deny he added "Don't you dare try lying to me!" if looks could kill I would've been dead by now "I told you it's the stress." I said sure of myself "Well, I don't think it is." he rolled his eyes. We stopped arguing when the nurse reminded us of her existence. I walked quietly after them to Tom's room and after the nurse left we continued. "You said that you would do whatever I wanted if I come to the hospital, right?" he said "Yes." I rolled my eyes remembering "Good. I want you to go and get checked up now." he ordered "Tom, that's really unnecessary." I sighed annoyed "I said now!" he raised his voice "Whatever." I rolled my eyes and left the room, looking for a doctor.

After I found one I quickly explained what was happening and after a quick check up the doctor smiled "Congratulations, you are pregnant." my eyes widened "What?" I couldn't believe my ears "Ma'am, you're pregnant." she repeated "No." I mumbled. This day just couldn't get worse. "Would you like to call the father?" she asked and I shook my head "I'd like to get an abortion." I said and the doctor laughed thinking that I was joking "I'm serious." as I said her smile dropped "Ma'am, perhaps talk to the father first?" she suggested making me roll my eyes annoyed. I stood up and walked out of the room, I didn't want to listen to her bullshit.

I walked out of the hospital and sat on a bench. Perhaps some fresh air could help me think. I was actually scared to tell Tom. I was assuming that he wouldn't want the baby, but what if he would want me to keep it. That was honestly worse. We were preparing for a war, I knew it, even though he didn't tell me anything about it. What was going to happen if I decided to keep the child? I won't be able to raise the child on my own. I knew that Tom would be no help, firstly, because he would be too busy fighting and secondly because he hates children. I could just get an abortion without him knowing, but some stupid part of me knew that he deserved to know. Maybe I'll tell him once he gets better, I thought.

I returned to his room and found him sleeping. I quietly sat down on the armchair beside his bed. He looked so peaceful while sleeping. His face expression was much softer know, he almost looked happy. It really didn't look like him, but I quite enjoyed looking at this version of his. A version of Tom that wasn't violent or arrogant neither bossy. A version that's sweet and caring almost cute. I couldn't help but wish that this version actually existed.

_______

hey guys. I want to apologise for the unexpected pregnancy trope, I know we all hate it. I would like to ask you if you want y/n to keep the child or no. Please, don't stop reading because of this trope I promise the book will get more interesting. Also, thank you for reading and feel free to let me know how you feel about the book.